Field Sales Representative - Brooklyn, NY | Artisanal Brewing Ventures
WHO WE ARE
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft alcohol company in the US, made up of 5 long standing, successful craft brands. Currently we're made up of four breweries (Victory Brewing, Bold Rock, Sixpoint, Southern Tier Brewing) and one distillery (Southern Tier Distilling). We have locations in 5 states (NY, PA, OH, VA, NC) including taprooms, production facilities and our corporate headquarters.
WHAT WE DO
Our corporate teams support our family of brands through managing the "back office" work so the team members who support in the production of our products can focus on making great tasting, innovative quality craft beverages. Our shared services team is made up by accounting/finance, human resources, marketing, and sales, who are all skilled in their space and share a love of craft beverages.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
With ABV, the Field Sales Representatives mission will be to support the sales efforts for the company. The FSR is responsible for building and maintaining professional relationships with key distributor personnel and retail accounts (both on & off premise) in order to grow sales and increase brand presence.
Residence preference: Brooklyn area
- Cultivate and strengthen the critical relationship between our company and our distributor partners.
- Network and inspire distributor sales rep personnel.
- Achieve volume and distribution targets in defined territory and target accounts.
- Conduct special events, festivals, beer dinners & tastings as needed.
- Maximize product velocity by improving merchandising and brand presence within retail locations.
- Monitor daily activity and accomplishments via the company's field execution tool.
- Train distributors & retail accounts (including bartender & waitstaff personnel) on all brands.
- Work in collaboration with the Area Sales Manager and Key Account Manager to achieve team targets, introduce new marketing initiatives and execute programming.
- Use VIP data to identify opportunities or gain other business insights.
- Review beer inventory to maintain proper levels based upon our core & seasonal offerings.
- Monitor and uphold the company's strict quality standards.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, etc.).
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Perform other business related duties as assigned.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Bachelor's Degree, Business or Marketing concentration is preferred.
- 1 - 2 years' experience in craft beer sales is desirable; preference will be given to those with beverage sales or consumer product goods experience.
- Candidate must have proven computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft outlook, and have reliable internet access from home.
- Craft beer industry passion and the appreciation of the culture that goes with it.
- A results driven, energetic, confident personality.
- Have strong local contacts - know the local scene.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Must live in the area where the position is located.
- Certified Cicerone or Certified Beer Server is considered a plus.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, other retailers and warehouses. Flexible work schedule is required.
- A valid state driver's license is required and must be maintained throughout employment period.
Physical Requirements - Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
Alcohol Responsibility - The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation
- Exceptional Health Benefits
- Flexible Schedules & Paid Time Off
- Incentives & Bonuses
- Generous Product Discounts
- Opportunities for Growth Across 5 Successful Brands
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer