The Retail Accounts Manager (RAM) position owns delivery of sales, distribution, and merchandising goals through the building of partnerships with independent retail accounts and local chain retailers. As a Retail Accounts Manager, you will be responsible for timely, professional communication with Full Sail's external business partners as well as internal stakeholders. You are the local expert, trusted to monitor retail and consumer trends within your assigned territory and deliver constructive feedback to company leadership.
LOCATIONS: Oregon, Western Washington
This position will work closely with Full Sail's distributor partners to promote efficient inventory management, grow share of mind, and drive execution through distributor sales teams. The Retail Account Manager elevates the awareness and preference of our brands by developing impactful relationships at both the distributor account level. Additionally, you develop and implement sales strategies for multiple classes of trade as well as individual accounts. You are data-driven and laser-focused on creating win-win situations for both our retailers and distributors.
As a Retail Account Manager, you will be the face of Full Sail for many of our customers. The RAM is responsible for developing creative ideas for retail activation, engaging with both accounts and consumers in ways that convey both the story and quality of our family of brands.
You must not only be passionate about our craft but for execution as well. Must have a passion for sales, be a craft beverage fan, take pride in Full Sail's brands, driving growth, growing profitably, and helping our customers and team to win.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· In concert with Area Sales Manager, develop annual business plans. Set distribution objectives within assigned territory and identify resources needed to successfully execute the plans.
· Secure distributors' buy-in for channel goals, track execution, and provide regular updates to both the distributor and Full Sail ASM on progress.
· Establish relationships and maintain high level of interaction and communication with retail accounts and distributor sales teams
· Identify opportunities to sell in new business or elevate existing business and execute against those opportunities.
· Conduct sampling, staff education, and events at retail accounts
· Monitor the quality of Full Sail products in the field - checking code dates, rotating inventory, etc
· Be the expert on your assigned territory, providing actionable feedback about emerging trends and opportunities to ASM and VP of Sales
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
· Must be 21 or older
· Associate's Degree is required, Bachelor's degree or relevant combination of experience is preferred
· 2-5+ years' experience selling alcoholic beverages to national and regional on and off-premise chain accounts.
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships in a B2B sales setting
· Conduct daily business in an autonomous fashion while maintaining a good "business sense" in regards to time constraints, financial guidelines, and company ethics.
· An effective and persuasive communicator, both oral and written
· Demonstrates resourcefulness in getting things accomplished and solving problems with a sense of urgency
· Frequent travel is required - candidate must provide their own reliable transportation and have the ability to travel by car 70+% of the time
· Must be comfortable with flexible scheduling including nights, weekends, and occasional holidays
· Some overnight travel may be required
· Knowledge and passion about beer, brewing, and the beer industry
· Knowledge of the three-tier system, state and federal liquor laws
· Willingness and ability to acquire any local, state, or federal credentials required to operate as a sales representative
· Ability to frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move as much as 55 pounds