Benefits and Pay
- Solicit business for assigned catering markets. Take incoming catering inquires for assigned markets. Follow through on all leads generated through a variety of sources, including networking events, and client referrals.
- Correspond with clients in a timely and professional manner. Create accurate, detailed contracts and review them with clients to serve as written confirmation for clients and information for in-house operations. Ensure that any changes made to contracts are in writing and signed by the client and hotel management.
- Detail all Catering business personally booked and remain in contact with meeting planners throughout the sales and detailing process. Ask all appropriate questions and create BEOs within Company policies and standards, including all necessary details needed to host a successful function. If necessary for the group, create and distribute Resumes at least 10 days prior to function start date. Schedule and organize pre-convention meetings if necessary for the group.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef to plan client menus, especially when customization is needed to fully satisfy the client.
- Secure payment for all events. Forward credit card authorizations and direct bill requests to Accounting for approval.
- Follow up with clients upon completion of their functions to gauge satisfaction, address concerns, solicit future business and solidify the relationship.
- Conduct site tours for prospective clients. Work with Operations departments to ensure that guest rooms and meeting space are suitable and ready for site tours. Work with the Executive Chef and Banquet Team to ensure that taste testing appointments are successful and present our food and services in the best possible light.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing .
We believe our employees are our most valuable resource. Benefits offered by the company include, but may not be limited to:
- Medical, Vision, Dental & Life Insurance
- Discounts at Marriott Properties
- 401K with Company match
- Free parking
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunities for advancing skills and knowledge through training and development
- Sick-time and paid holidays
Starting pay: $56,000 Anually
The Sheraton Denver West Hotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Responsibilities
Prior Catering Sales experience with track record of accomplishments is required.
Must possess exceptional customer service and a high sense of urgency. Prefer 3 - 5 years solid Social Sales experience.