B usiness: Boys Town National Research Hospital Job Summary: In a career as a Food Service Coordinator, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will maintain all hospital food and food supplies for hospital customers. Schedule: Full-Time, 7:00 AM-3:00 PM Monday-Friday Responsibilities:
- Maintains and replenishes dining supplies and floor stock, including items in galleys, vending area, physician and staff lounges, and coffee stations.
- Maintains temperature logs.
- Rotates, dates, and outdates perishables and floor stock.
- Assists patients with food options and selections.
- Coordinates the patient food selection with dietitian/nurse to assure dietary requirements are met.
- Coordinates with Dietician to obtain food items for specialty diets, and food allergies or intolerances.
- Receives inpatient food delivery, prepares trays for serving, and serves patient.
- Retrieves patient trays post meal.
- Communicates patient nutritional intake to nurse.
- Assists with re-heating of food as required by patient needs/request.
- Monitors and documents refrigerator/freezer temperature in the galleys and patient rooms as per policy.
- Orders and maintains food supply for daily use.
- Organizes and maintains cleanliness of food and food supply areas.
- Sets, evaluates, and maintains par levels.
- Establishes and maintains a safe environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, positive patient and family interaction, and ethical behavior.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Previous work experience in food services preferred
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference. Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. Date Posted: August 27th, 2021 Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-.