Automation Technician - HIRING IMMEDIATELY - Bedford Park, IL
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Maintenance Associate available shifts: 7PM to 7AM
- Starting rate up to $39.50 per hour
- Sign-on Bonus of $5,000
- Eligible for annual & skill-based wage increases
- Add EXTRA money to your paycheck by referring friends and family
- Eligible for monthly bonus based upon plant productivity*
- Medical (Comprehensive PPO, two HRA Plans and an HSA plan)
- Dental (basic and comprehensive coverage)
- Vision (basic and premier coverage)
- Prescription drug coverage
- 401K with a 6% company match (Eligible to participate from day one (1) with 100 % vesting in all company provided funds immediately)
- New Hire Wellness Bonus (see plan details)
- Healthcare and Dependent day care flexible spending accounts
- Livongo diabetes program
- Corporate discounts
Text to Apply Responsibilities
- Performs basic troubleshooting and maintenance work on automation equipment.
- Performs maintenance, set-up and PM on automation equipment in Thermo Department.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment related processing issues.
- Utilizes computer-based inventory system for generating reports to locating spare parts.
- Perform Maintenance Connection day-by-day duties.
- Assists maintenance/production staff as needed.
- May assist in the training of other employees.
- Performs quality work within reasonable time standards set forth by management in verbal or written instructions.
- Utilizes mandatory safety equipment. Executes duties in a safe and efficient manner. Adheres to all Safety rules and regulations
- Be flexible with schedule as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring area(s) of responsibility are safe, clean and tidy.
- Follows all Company established rules and policies.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Analytical, problem solving, and strong technical skills including mechanical, electrical and PLC programming.
- Strong skills in customer service, interpersonal, oral communication, written communications, teamwork, judgment, motivation, planning, organizing, professionalism, quality, quantity, safety, adaptability, attendance, punctuality, dependability, initiative, innovation.
- HS Diploma or equivalent; preferred associates degree.
- 3 + years automation technician experience within Plastics industry.
- Must have own tools and be able to use them safely and effectively.
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Located 16 miles south west of Chicago, Bedford Park is a village in Cook County, Illinois. The population was 580 at the 2010 census. Bedford Park consists of a small residential area and vast amounts of heavy industry sprawling to the east and a small amount to the west.
The plant was built in 1987, manufactures portion cups lids, coffee lids, and cold cup lids, and has approximately 250 employees.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call or email .
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.