We are looking for an experienced Cook to prepare food in accordance with applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
VALID FOOD HANDLER CERTIFICATION IS REQUIRED
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery, and service schedules.
• Serve meals or prepare for delivery by using correct portioning, meet outlined standards, ensure that food is at the correct temperature, and is attractive and tasty.
• Tastes all prepared food items.
• Uses established ticket collection procedures during service.
• Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
• Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
• Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
• Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
• Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
• Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
• Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
• Attends in-service and safety meetings.
• Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
• Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• All uniform items must be clean and wrinkle-free
• Long sleeve chef coat
• Black pants
• Black kitchen approved non-slip shoes (not tennis, gym, or dress shoes)
• Black hat
• All hair pulled back securely
• Facial hair, if any, groomed very well
• NO jewelry
• NO artificial nails, overlays, or nail polish (colored or clear)
• NO false eyelashes
WORKERS MUST SIGN IN AND OUT WITH A MANAGER ON SITE TO BE PAID FOR YOUR TIME.