The Role: Retail Sales Representative - Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento CA
Who We Are:
Here at JOJO's Chocolate, we are on a mission to SPREAD LOVE and FIGHT SUGAR through sharing chocolate and Jojo with the world. We make delicious low sugar chocolate more readily available to enable people to have what we all love, CHOCOLATE, without the stress of choosing between taste, convenience, and health. Be Happy Eat Chocolate!
Who You Are: You are looking for a new challenge and opportunity to be a part of the foundation of a growing company. You would love to help build one of the hottest brands in the chocolate world. You are confident in your proven ability to not only build awareness around a brand but build a loyal love group and turn them into brand advocates and daily consumers. Finally, you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are a self-starter, and you love being your own boss. You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, startup environment and the idea of joining a high-growth company gets you fired up!
About the Role: We are looking for a Retail Sales Representative to support regional field sales execution. This role is based in the Southern/Northern California market and will report to the Director of Retail Coordination. This individual will be instrumental to the growth and scale of the JOJO's brand in their defined geographical area. This individual will contribute to the overall regional penetration and growth strategy plan, will work collaboratively with their Retail Director, Sales, and our Operations and Marketing Team as necessary. The role will drive regional sales, education, promotion and execution at the field level. We seek an individual who is familiar with natural/conventional grocery account sell-in and sales support, a team player and an entrepreneur who thrives in fast paced, dynamic environment.
What you will be responsible for:
· In market focus to support in store initiatives with all channels of grocery retailers
· Develop and manage relationships with KDM's (key decision makers) at all levels within stores/territory
· Increasing revenue, engagement, and brand awareness in defined territory
· Working with JOJO's resources to drive incremental growth through in store demos, education and field-based support
· Analysis of syndicated data and market trends to help close voids and increase ACV
· Sell in displays to key accounts to support all promotions
· Work to increase sales, gain secondary displays, fill voids, & build brand awareness
· Planning for, participating in, and supporting trade shows, trade events and other major sales events (when applicable)
· Help build the most fun chocolate brand there is and help America fight sugar!
· At least 1-3 years of previous selling experience, preferably in a startup and/or CPG
· A student of selling who finds personal satisfaction and joy in closing and building a business
· Bachelor's degree preferred
· Passionate about building relationships
· Demonstrated record of success and over achievement
· Comfortable in a fast-paced, growing company, able to adapt to change quickly
· Takes initiative and proactively looks for and suggests improvements
· Strength in negotiation and effective communication
· Desire to be a part of a growing, collaborative team dedicated to winning at retail
· Experience with MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
· Willing to travel 30-50%