LEAVE YOUR MARK ON A BETTER WORLD. COLLABORATE WITH AMAZING PEOPLE. MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN.
At North Highland, we believe in doing great things together. With you. With our clients. With a perspective on actions today that shape tomorrow. As the world's most innovative, collaborative consulting group, we've built a space to share ideas like never before. Do you have the skills, passion and commitment to transform industries for the better? Think you can bring your A-game every day? If so, join us. We like big thinkers with action on the brain... Why North Highland?
Every choice you make will give you the opportunity to grow. It's our employee ownership model - with plenty of coaching and personal development opportunities in the mix. For us, training doesn't have an off switch. You'll learn new things, both during and beyond traditional working hours. We want people who strive for the next level, then the next. At North Highland, you're never a number.
Our firm is large enough to scale up, test your mettle and tackle big challenges, but small enough that clients won't lose your face in a crowd. You're recognized individually. We started as three leaders and a kitchen table.
Which means we know expectations are made to be broken. Want to surprise us? Do it. Experiment and stretch yourself. There's room to grow as a budding entrepreneur. Exciting work you will do:
What you will need:
- Responsible for driving the definition, implementation, and adoption of the global data standards, policies, and processes for governing and maintenance of the data within a cross-functional data domain. Will act as the single point of contact for their assigned data domain at the global level and are engaged in all business and technology projects and initiatives that impact their data domain. Must understand and have experience with business & functional processes and data domains related to HR, Finance and/or Procurement. Is considered a plus to understand the key aspects of business analytics and data warehouse technologies. Will lead design sessions by presenting logical statements of business problems and designs and offering and incorporating ideas. The job holder needs to demonstrate a good capability to balance the often-competing needs for innovation and standardization/process harmonization, frequently influencing business partners to align with best practices. Must understand architectural issues and be able to factor them into decisions and recommendations. The successful candidate will work with multi-national Business Partners and in a remote/virtual team, other team members may be on different sites/countries in the region.
- Work closely with the global Data Owner to finalize priorities and make decisions for their respective data domains including data hierarchy / taxonomy
- Drive alignment at the global level and escalates issues and risks to the DG Council, DG Forum and DG Steering Committee
- Understand the downstream usage of the data and how changes will impact users
- Drive the definition and alignment on the data standards for prioritized data elements by engaging with the functional design teams from in-flight projects.
- Engage with business SMEs, functional domain experts, data and system architects and the DQ Lead to define the data standards attributes:
- Business terminology and definition
- Business and technical data standards (e.g., valid / default values, format) Authoritative systems for creating, updating and maintain data
- Data transformation rules, derivations, and calculations
- Data validation rules
- Work with the DG Design Lead to design the processes and policies for governing and maintaining the data (e.g., master / reference data, mappings)
- Drive the implementation and adoption of data standardization and standard processes
- Coordinate with CMO to identify communication and training needs
- Have familiarity with data domains outside of the functions listed above (e.g., Product, Customer, etc.) Business Requirement Analysis
- Takes business requirements and writes specifications in a consumable format and terminology for developers
- Maps out business processes to serve as reference for development and IT support
- Explains to business how requirements may be implemented from a functional standpoint
- Applies compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provides documentation and participates in compliance activities as required XFDG Program Oversight
- Provides ongoing status on the progress of XFDG Data projects owned and managed by them.
- May assist and report on user acceptance testing if there is a technical deployment of the project.
- Document and map current and future DG Processes.
- Assist in developing through PowerPoint data narratives and Swim lane diagrams as needed.
- Perform & document data mapping activities and data analysis.
** Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship by North Highland. Work visa sponsorship will not be provided, now or in the future, for this position. Click H
- Strong understanding of the functional data domain(s)
- Strong understanding of source systems, data within the processes, and data flows, and data relationships
- Expertise in data maintenance processes
- Expertise in data management domain sufficient to understand all phases of a project and the specific of the solutions
- Strong written and verb communication skills including the ability to create and present persuasive and compelling presentations
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of Data Governance / Data Steward relevant experience.
- Experience with healthcare industry is a plus.
- Experience with at Data Governance / MDM tools (Informatica and/or SAP a plus)
- Experience with MDM is a plus.
- Experience with Data & Analytics is a plus. Also EDC cataloging a plus
ERE to apply
North Highland makes change happen for organizations who dare to be different. By melding workforce, customer and operational transformation, they are one of the world's leading consulting groups, with 65+ offices around the globe. They break new ground today so tomorrow is easier to explore.
For more information, visit northhighland.com and connect with us on LinkedIn , Twitter and Facebook .
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. - provided by Dice