Variq is seeking is supporting a U.S. Government customer to provide support for onsite incident response to civilian Government agencies and critical asset owners who experience cyber-attacks, providing immediate investigation and resolution. Contract personnel perform investigations to characterize of the severity of breaches, develop mitigation plans, and assist with the restoration of services. We are seeking a Sr. Host-Based Cybersecurity Systems Analyst
to support this critical customer mission. Additional Information:
- Location: Arlington VA
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Security Clearance: Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- Availability: Within 2 weeks
- Assisting with leading and coordinating forensic teams in preliminary investigation
- Planning, coordinating and directing the inventory, examination and comprehensive technical analysis of computer related evidence
- Distilling analytic findings into executive summaries and in-depth technical reports
- Serving as technical forensics liaison to stakeholders and explaining investigation details to include forensic methodologies and protocols
- Tracking and documenting on-site incident response activities and providing updates to leadership throughout the engagement
- Evaluating, extracting and analyzing suspected malicious code
- Assisting Federal leads with overseeing and leading forensic teams at onsite engagements by coordinating evidence collection operations
- Providing technical assistance on digital evidence matters and forensic investigative techniques to appropriate personnel when necessary
- Writing in-depth reports, supports with peer reviews and provides quality assurance reviews for junior personnel
- Supporting forensic analysis and mentoring/providing guidance to others on data collection, analysis and reporting in support of onsite engagements.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 8+ years of directly relevant experience in cyber forensic investigations using leading edge technologies and industry standard forensic tools
- Ability to create forensically sound duplicates of evidence (forensic images)
- Able to write cyber investigative reports documenting digital forensics findings
- Experience with the analysis and characterization of cyber attacks
- Experience with proper evidence handing procedures and chain of custody protocols
- Skilled in identifying different classes of attacks and attack stages
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledgeable in proactive analysis of systems and networks, to include creating trust levels of critical resources
- Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations.
- - Experience with or knowledge of two or more of the following tools:
- Sleuth Kit/Autopsy
- Other EDR Tools (Crowdstrike, Carbon Black)
- - Experience with conducting all-source research
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or related degree. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.Desired Certifications
- GCFA, GCFE, EnCE, CCE, CFCE, CISSP
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace. - provided by Dice