JOB OVERVIEW: J-s Restaurant
Perform all methods of cookery, portion control, garnishing of dishes and follow recipes in accordance with standards set forth by The HSB Resort. Follow direction of Resort Executive Chef, Managing Chef and/or Sous Chefs in maintaining the highest standards of food quality, taste and production. In this position, you will be expected to be available to work in various locations of Food and Beverage outlets, depending on business levels. In addition, you will be expected to work holidays, wherever needed, even if your primary outlet is closed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ensure production of food in a timely manner.
• Prepare food so that quality, taste and appearance of food is in accordance with HSB Resort standards.
• Control proper usage and rotation of food.
• Ensure food quality and appearance on buffet, and plated food, is in accordance with HSB Resort standards.
• Alert Chef or direct supervisor to any food quality issues that could have an adverse effect on HSB Resort culinary operations.
• Maintain walk-in coolers and food storage areas on a daily basis.
• Maintain a neat, clean and sanitary workstation.
• Ensure work station and all equipment is clean and sanitized prior to the change of shift.
• Ensure outlined prep is completed in a timely manner for the next shift.
• Assist other departments as needed.
• Carry out duties and responsibilities of job as deemed necessary by Resort Executive Chef, Managing Chef or Sous Chef on duty, & as changes occur in work environment and/or workload.
• Make sound judgment calls and decisions based upon principles set forth by the HSB Resort culinary management team.
• Perform other job duties as assigned
• Adhere to all Property and Department standards including Safety Guidelines.
• Attend departmental Safety Meetings on a regular basis.