Provides prompt and courteous food and beverage service to restaurant guests while maximizing sales and guest satisfaction.JOB DUTIES
MUST be able to work a flexible shift that includes: Days, Afternoon, Nights and Weekends. Plus, work Holidays as well, if needed
-Describes all menu items; methods of preparation and prices as needed.
-Accommodates any special requests that the kitchen is able to deliver for the guest.
-Up-sells established menu items or specials to maximize food and beverage revenues.
-Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to established service standards.
-Performs pre- and post-shift side work; stock service station, makes coffee, etc.
-Forwards customer payments to cashier for completion of the transaction; receives change from cashier and returns change promptly to guest.
-May assist Greeter/ Cashier with greeting and seating guests; may assist busperson with clearing table and filling glasses.
-Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
-Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
-Follows company policies and procedures.
. Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
SKILLS & ABILITIES
-Prior food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations, preferably in a four or five star restaurant or hotel
-Micros experience helpful
• Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at one time
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
• Basic math skills for cash handling
• Although this position primarily works the dinner shift, must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, weekends and holidays PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to walk and stand for extended periods, speak, hear, talk, reach, bend, grasp, and perform repetitive motions
• Ability to push, pull, lift, carry, or otherwise move up to 40 lbs. EEO and ADA Statements
The Ballantyne is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.