Job Title: Laundry Associate
Reports To: Head Housekeeper
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: The Laundry Associate is responsible for ensuring all laundry is completed in a timely manner, ensuring availability of linens and towels for guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes all stages of the laundry process completely and properly according to hotel
• policies and procedures: * Sort linen prior to washing
• Inspect linen for soiled pieces making sure a proper product care plan is executed
• Operate commercial washers, dryers, folding machines, and ironers safely and properly according to hotel and manufacturer's policies and procedures
• Ensures proper and safe use of cleaning chemicals
• Processes laundry (wash, dry, iron, fold) to 100% completion every day
• Ensures all laundry is held in laundry carts throughout entire process
• Maintains linens needed on housekeeping carts, in laundry room, and in storage rooms
• Reports linen shortages and theft to management immediately
• Performs routine cleaning and minimal maintenance (clean lint traps etc.) on all
laundry equipment and machines while reporting any malfunctions to management
• Unpacks, processes, and distributes new linen as instructed
• Maintains all laundry handling equipment clean such as tables, linen carts, linen trucks, etc.
• Reports any unsafe and/or unsanitary conditions to management
• Assists with cleaning guest rooms, public spaces, back of house areas, other areas of the hotel, and special cleaning projects
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional client and employee situations; Responds promptly to client and employee needs; Solicits client feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
• Safety - The employee is safety conscious about the work environment and equipment. The work area is free of debris to prevent trip and slip hazards. All products and equipment are stored in its proper location. All safety guards and other safety devices are in its proper location, are functional, and utilized effectively on a consistent basis. Standard operating procedures, safety work rules and good general manufacturing practices are followed on a daily basis.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure.
• Time Management - Prioritizes work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to interact clearly and effectively, in both written and oral communication, with supervisor, clients, staff, vendors, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires the employee to regularly talk or hear and frequently to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, far vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, climbing stairs, grasping, and pushing/pulling. g