Austin Proper Hotel & Residences is seeking a Spa Dual for our Verbena Spa. This 32-story modern high-rise includes 244 rooms and a limited collection of 99 branded luxury residences and penthouse for sale. Amenities include two rooftop pools, wellness center and spa and three food & beverage destinations driven by McGuire Moorman Hospitality.
The Spa Dual is responsible for providing massages, facials, waxing and other body treatments to guests and capable of leading a team.
• Adheres to policies of Proper Hospitality.
• Performs massage, facial, waxing and body services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations.
• Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
• Meets the needs of the guest at all times throughout the service.
• Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
• Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis according to CDC guidelines.
• Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa service presently offered. Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to guests. Answers guests' questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
• Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa. Upsell products and services.
• Begins and ends all treatments on time.
• Works assigned schedule and arrives and departs from their shift on time.
• Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
• Informs Spa Director or other management personnel about product needs.
• Creates and maintains client cards and treatment notes, when appropriate.
• Completes all assigned side work.
• Attends all scheduled meetings & professional training.
• Reports any incidents or accidents to a member of the management team.
• Assist with cleanliness of Spa Locker and Fitness Rooms if needed.
• Valid state license in massage therapy with a minimum of 750 hours and a valid esthetic license.
• Previous massage, facial, waxing and body work experience.
• Customer service experience preferably in a spa and hotel.
• Good verbal and written skills.
• Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to stand for long periods.
• Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of constantly to move objects.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.