We are now hiring Executive Chefs, Sous Chefs, and Assistant General Managers at our JTown and Downtown locations!
Sous Chef Job Summary:
Assists the Executive Chef in restaurant operations and in preparation and design of all food through the implementation, management, and enforcement of policies, procedures, programs, and standards. Provide direction for staff to operational execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.
Position Activities and Tasks:
• Assists the Executive Chef in planning and analyzing operations.
• Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and presented properly in a clean safe, and sanitary manner, according to all established procedures, performance standards, and local health department regulations.
• Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all functions for all positions in the kitchen.
• Ensures the kitchen's compliance to productivity and service standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive employees.
• Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
• Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield application.
• Conducts employment activities to include staffing (hire/term responsibilities), and training.
• Ensures accurate financial data to include: productivity, food costs. Responsible for all communications with regard to system breakdowns and deficiencies.
• Attends restaurant management meetings, makes presentations as requested. Responsible for meeting established objectives during periods of his/her supervision.
• Anticipates, identifies, and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction and operational functionality.
• Ensures the thorough training and development of personnel directly supervised.
Executive Chef Responsibilities:
• Excellent record of kitchen management;
• 3-5 years of management experience in high-volume restaurants;
• Able to speak/understand Spanish preferred;
• Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices;
• Maintain a professional and welcoming attitude while at work to all guests and team members;
• Manhattan experience preferred;
• Will need to travel for training (paid for by the business);
• Proven leadership skills - developing, leading, and supervising junior chefs;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Three years of experience in food service management;
• Proficiency using Microsoft Suite to monitor and track inventory and maintain recipe records;
• Continue to build on a positive culture within the restaurant;
• Must be available to work nights, week-ends, holidays as needed;
• Desire to work in a chef-driven environment with room for creativity;
• Must be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.
Assistant General Manager Job Summary:
Assists the General Manager in restaurant operations and in achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management, and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Provides direction for restaurant staff to ensure maximum guest satisfaction, execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment. Performs his/her duties in assigned company restaurant(s) based on the needs of the Company. Assumes leadership of, and accountability for, restaurant operations and results in the absence of the General Manager, and or, when functioning as the Manager on Duty.
• Oversees production of food according to sanitation and quality standards
• Manages and mentors staff, including recruiting/hiring/training of all employees, overseeing HR/payroll,
managing issues of discipline/termination, ensuring ongoing training/education, etc
• Manages supplies and ensures orderly work areas
• Ensures that work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored
• Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and all company policies
• Provides timely and accurate reports as required
• Addresses customer concerns and issues
• Ensures stated goals are met
Sous Chef Requirements:
Physical Requirements/Environment / Working Conditions:
• Extensive standing, without breaks
• Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
• Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
• Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
• Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
• Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
• Bending, reaching, walking
• Carrying product weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
• Lifting up to 50 pounds
Education / Experience Level Required:
High School Diploma or GED required, specialized culinary training or education preferred.
Executive Chef Requirements:
•Excellent record of kitchen management
•3-5 years of management experience in high-volume restaurants
•Able to speak/understand English
•Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices
•Maintain a professional and welcoming attitude while at work to all guests and team members
•Proven leadership skills - developing, leading, and supervising sous chefs
•Strong interpersonal and communication skills
•Three years of experience in food service management
•Proficiency monitoring and tracking inventory and maintaining recipe records
•Continue to build on a positive culture within the restaurant
•Must be available to work nights, weekends, holidays as needed
•Desire to work in a chef-driven environment with room for creativity
•Must be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.
Assistant General Manager Requirements:
• Minimum 2 years in a salaried restaurant management position
• Experience in high volume, fast-paced restaurant management
• Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Possess a true passion for mentoring others and is able to provide consistent support to aid in the success of the operation
• Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, staffing, and scheduling
• Looking for an individual who excels in restaurant growth and has the ability to drive sales while control costs to achieve solid financial results
• Honesty, integrity, strong communication skills, and a love for customer satisfaction
• Strong financial acumen and P&L accountability experience
• College degree preferred but not required
Salary (based on experience) to include:
-Tips + Bonus potential based on restaurant performance.