Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen functions.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per HEI Hotels and Resorts standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per HEI Hotels and Resorts standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Comfort, style and genuine Texas hospitality await you at The Westin Dallas Park Central. Conveniently located just north of the city's downtown district, or accommodation offers close proximity to attractions including SMU, the Galleria Dallas and the Cotton Bowl Stadium - as well as many corporate headquarters. As an associate of the Westin Dallas Park Central, you will be able to enjoy many perks such as easy access to the bus system and train station, free meals and affordable garage parking, as well as a fabulous work environment in our newly renovated spaces. Want to learn more? Apply today!We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.