Key Responsibilities of the Sous Chef :
• Oversees and manages food preparation for a specific area of the food & beverage . Supervises and ensures production of consistently high quality food & beverage.
• Adheres to established control procedures for cost and quality such as food & beverage production charts, par inventories, standardized recipes, use records and food & beverage costing sheets. Ensures that all recipes are followed and prepared on a consistent basis.
• Monitors and checks the maintenance of all food & beverage equipment daily.
• Maintains and directs a quality sanitation program.
• Maintains and implements daily food prep lists.
• Ordering of all food & beverage products.
• Assigns duties to associates for efficient operation of the food & beverage areas.
• Maintains and evaluates existing food & beverage concepts. Assists in the development of new food & beverage concepts.
• Assists in the achievement of budgetary objectives for the food and beverage Department.
• Processes requisitions for supplies quickly and accurately.
• Trains and supervises associates in the proper preparation of food & beverage items and operation of equipment. Assists in developing ongoing training programs.
• Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotations of food & beverage products so as to comply with health department regulations.
• Interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates: addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Assists in the management of food & beverage department
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.