When you join our team, you will receive a $300 Sign-On Bonus for this position! As our newest team member, you will receive $100 as soon as your 1st paycheck, and the remaining $200 paid out after 90 days of employment with the company.
The Bar Back is primarily responsible for ensuring the bar is well stocked and assists bartenders throughout their shift to provide consistent excellent service to guests/patrons of the bar/lounge efficiently. The Bar Back is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Ensure bar does not run out of supplies such as straws, napkins and ice.
- Ensure bar is well stocked with a variety of alcohol and mixers, such as juices and sodas.
- Switch out kegs of beer and syrups for the soda fountain.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of all bar menu items and answer questions/make recommendations on menu/alcoholic selections to guests.
- Notify manager of any liquor/inventory shortages immediately .
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make an attractive display and merchandise drinks.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks accordingly and ensure fruit or other food items are acceptable to safe and sanitary food handling principles.
- Replace, clean and maintain beer keg equipment.
- Follow property's approved alcohol awareness training program.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness at all times of bar unit, tables, and other tools.
- Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies. Restock bar with liquor and supplies.
- Employee must follow all liquor control measures including drink portion controls and the bottle requisition policy of the property.
- Wash soiled glassware and remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area.
- Assist during busy periods to take drink and food orders for bartenders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use of equipment in the bar
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- Must be 21 or older.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- One year of experience in hospitality or restaurant setting preferred.
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
View All Current Opportunities at WidewatersAt A Glance Welcome to The Charter Seattle, Curio Collection by Hilton, a chic hotel just steps from downtown attractions in one of the most walkable cities. The famous Pike Place Market is a block away, and it's a quick walk to shops, dining, bars, the Washington State Convention Center, Seattle Aquarium, Space Needle, and other authentic Seattle experiences.
Our guest rooms are sleekly designed spaces with warm wood finishes and elegant décor. Enjoy luxurious bedding, a 55-inch HDTV with streaming capability, a mini-fridge, desk, plush robes, slippers, local brew from the in-room coffee maker, and a marble bathroom. Our one-bedroom suites feature a living area, dining space, a walk-in closet and views of Elliott Bay.
You'll love Patagon, our modern/rustic restaurant with Argentinian-inspired cuisine focused on fresh, locally sourced meats, fish and veggies. The Fog Room rooftop lounge brings the outdoors inside with retractable windows with water and skyline views from the 16th floor. This eclectic and lively lounge offers delicious cocktails and small bites. Our 24-hour room service is another tasty option.
Work out in the state-of-the-art fitness center or enjoy the calm of our sauna and steam room. The 24-hour business center is perfect for getting work done, and we offer 10,000 sq. ft. of flexible and stylish Seattle, WA event space for meetings and wedding receptions of up to 160 guests.
- Set in downtown Seattle, walkable to major offices and attractions
- Luxurious guest rooms and suites, all with marble bathrooms
- Upscale restaurant, rooftop lounge and 24-hour room service
- Cutting-edge fitness center, steam room, sauna and changing rooms
- Meeting space with A/V equipment, planners and catering options
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values Widewaters Hotels is an award winning, innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Widewaters' Hotels Values: Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
EEOC We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.