A Room Service/ Restaurant Server is responsible for delivering and serving food and beverage items to guests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Must be flexible and available to work AM, PM, weekends and holidays.
What will I be doing?
As a Room Service/ Restaurant Server, you would be responsible for delivering and serving food and beverage items to guests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
-Set up room service trays and tables to prepare for incoming orders
-Retrieve checks, set tables according to specifications, retrieve food and beverage orders from the kitchen and bar and deliver food to guest rooms and meeting rooms
-Serve meals to guests, collect guest trays and respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
-Present checks to guests and obtain payment
-Return payments/signed checks to order taker
-Perform order taker duties and answer room service telephone, as needed
-Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
-Ensure knowledge of menu and restaurant promotions and specials
-Take guest food and/or beverage orders and input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system
-Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service
-Ensure serving station is well-stocked at all times
- Maintain the dining room and station clean at all the time
- Keep chairs and banquet areas clean and clear of debris
- Take customer food and beverage orders
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage in order to service and up sell our product, including liquors and cocktails
- Make sure that all silver and glasses are clean and spotless
- Mark tables appropriately to food order for each course
- Enter all sales in POS without errors. Double check list of items before "sending"
- Make sure that all product served are accounted for on the final bill before presenting it
- Set up tables according to hostess communication
- Up keep and clear tables between courses throughout the meal
- Support the food runner to help run food in a timely manner
- Verify guest satisfaction with each table during each course served
- Anticipate guest needs, to ensure guests never have to ask for assistance
- Attend all food and beverage training classes
- Wish each and every guest a warm farewell and thank them for coming
- Deliver all checks and report to the appropriate place according to rules at the end of each shift
- Must be insight of all guest views monitoring needs
- Ensure the proper setting and maintaining of the dining room environment
- Following the posted opening and closing duties and side work sheet
- Attend daily pre meal/communication meeting
- Attend monthly department meeting
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a luxury in-room dining and/or restaurant establishment preferred
• Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays.
• Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
• Have an in-depth knowledge of food and preparation
• Have a good knowledge of wine
• Be able to relate to all levels of guests and management
• Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
• Have excellent communication and organization skills
• Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest
• Have the ability to handle guest requests in a detailed manner
• Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
• Professional appearance and demeanor at all times
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
-Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
-Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
-Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
-Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
-Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
-Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!