Job summary -
- Transport guest luggage to/from guestrooms. Escort guests to rooms and inform guests of all hotel services and features. Responsible for attending to immediate needs of each guest upon arrival and follow through attention throughout stay. Thorough knowledge of all hotel services and amenities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - (Key Activities)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Transport guest luggage from the point of arrival at the hotel to their assigned room.
- Transport guest luggage from current room to reassigned room for room changes.
- Transport guest luggage from their room to the point of departure from the hotel.
- Assist in locating guest's lost luggage.
- Correctly tag, store and retrieve luggage from holding room.
- Identify and explain hotel facilities and features to guests while escorting them to their room.
- Identify fire exit closest to guest's room and explain safety features of assigned room.
- Demonstrate use of room key to guests.
- Place guest luggage inside room.
- Identify and explain guest room features to include use of:
air conditioning/heat units and thermostat controls
guest services directory
in room safe
ice and vending areas
- Offer packing/unpacking service; explain pressing and laundry service.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions within the hotel to direct guests to correct locations.
- Relay accurate directions to guests on inquiries of transportation within the local area.
- Maintain accurate log record of guest calls for Bell Person assistance.
- Answer Bell Stand telephone within 3 rings using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Remain in assigned postposition, maintaining correct stance.
- Retrieve guest dry cleaning/laundry from rooms and deliver processed items.
- Deliver items to guest rooms promptly to include:
sundry items requested by guest
- Deliver newspapers to specified guestrooms.
- Monitor and maintain appearance of lobby areas and luggage holding room.
- Polish brass luggage carts and maintain cleanliness of carts.
- All other duties as required.
This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as needed