Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device. Our mission is to help people plan less and live more, and your work will play a central role in delivering on this mission. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a fun, entrepreneurial, start-up team where you can have outsized impact -- all under the Airbnb umbrella.
As a Senior Market Manager, you will be responsible for the partner support in your assigned territories by managing hotel accounts and supply acquisition of high quality inventory. Focusing on these support responsibilities, you will build HotelTonight's strong market presence in your assigned region and collaborate with other teams as the local in-market expert. This includes partnering, strategizing, and running daily operations directly with hotels, and ensuring the company always has the best inventory and deals from hotels available for our guests.
* Meet and exceed KPIs by owning the performance and success of the hotels & serviced apartments within your region
* Operate autonomously to secure more inventory and create & implement strategic tactics to ensure your hotel & serviced apartment partners are successful in your markets, driving maximum business impact.
* Drive end-to-end assessment, analysis, and execution of strategy to drive maximum market performance
* Respond to and deliver exceptional service to your hotel & serviced apartment partners in a timely and efficient manner
* Leverage an intimate knowledge of your market to be the 'go-to' source for all information relating to local trends and market dynamics (e.g. pricing, demand seasonality, booking patterns, etc.)
* Act as a mentor & player/coach to Market Coordinators and Market Managers by developing account management strategies to be utilized by the Global Supply team, providing peer guidance, and assisting others in challenging problem solving
* Confidently sell and build strong relationships with senior-level hotel & serviced apartment executives
* Passionately continue learning and bettering your understanding as an expert in the hospitality industry and revenue management best practices, acting as a trusted industry advisor for your hotel & serviced apartment partners.
* Collaborate with other Senior Market Managers, Regional Managers and cross-functional partners (Product, Marketing, Customer Experience, Revenue Operations, Strategic Partnerships) to drive regional supply strategy, cross-functional initiatives & implement innovative ideas in the mobile travel space
* 8+ years of professional experience, with a focus on owning client relationships and business strategy
* Previous hospitality experience is a plus!
* The ability to get things done with constantly changing priorities, projects and deadlines
* Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills; detail-oriented but moves fast
* Ability to establish strong relationships with and influence strong relationships with senior-level hotel executives
* You are able to operate as "player/coach" if needed and be a resource to the Market Managers & Market Coordinators on the team
* Familiarity with leading complex and/or cross-functional projects from concept to inception
* Capacity to balance day-to-day responsibilities with longer-term strategic execution
* You're a quick learner and you're fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means making mistakes along the way. Proactivity is key.
* Flexibility to travel 25% of the time
By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: San Francisco, CA (USA), Los Angeles, CA (USA), New York City, NY (USA), Atlanta, GA (USA), Miami, Florida (USA)