Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device. Our mission is to help people plan less and live more, and your work will play a central role in delivering on this mission. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a fun, entrepreneurial, start-up team where you can have outsized impact -- all under the Airbnb umbrella.
As a Market Manager, you will be responsible for the partner support in your assigned territories by managing hotel accounts and supply acquisition of high quality inventory. Focusing on these support responsibilities, you will build HotelTonight's strong market presence in your assigned region and collaborate with other teams as the local in-market expert. This includes partnering, strategizing, and running daily operations directly with hotels, and ensuring the company always has the best inventory and deals from hotels available for our guests.
* Independently analyze internal and external data to identify market trends, uncover opportunities, and craft innovative strategies to grow your markets
* Meet and exceed KPIs by owning the performance and success of the hotels & serviced apartments within your region
* Efficiently upsell existing hotel & serviced apartment partners to maximize the availability and quality of inventory on HotelTonight.
* Partner with marketing, product managers, engineers, customer experience, and the greater supply team to create a healthy marketplace
* Provide input on developing strategies for executing on team-wide account management best practices
* Speak fluently about the hospitality industry and revenue management best practices, acting as a trusted industry advisor for your hotel & serviced apartment partners
* Drive regional initiatives within the hotels & serviced apartments team as well as cross-functionally
* Develop an intimate knowledge of each of your markets with the goal of becoming the 'go-to' source for all information relating to local trends and market dynamics (e.g. pricing, demand seasonality, booking patterns, etc.)
* Respond to and deliver exceptional service to your hotel & serviced apartment partners in a timely and efficient manner, occasionally traveling to your market to provide in-person support and guidance
* Undergraduate degree
* 3-6 years of professional experience, preferably in a fast growing startup tech company working in account management and/or sales
* Previous hospitality experience is a plus
* The ability to get things done with constantly changing priorities, projects and deadlines
* Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills; detail-oriented but moves fast
* You're a quick learner and you're fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means making mistakes along the way.
* Proactivity is key.
* Passion, hunger and enthusiasm for the role and what we're building is a must.
* Flexibility to travel 25% of the time
By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: New York City, NY (USA), Atlanta, GA (USA), Remote (Chicago, IL)
This is a remote job except that it is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.