Salary - $70k
Charlotte, NC- Uptown
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business with emphasis in accounting is required
- Bilingual a plus!
- 3+ years of relevant previous experience
Provide support to the accounting team in daily operation with an emphasis on general ledger maintenance and reconciliation, creation of journal entries, end-of-period accounting, preparation of support schedules for financial reports and special projects, by applying accounting policies and procedures established by the company and current government laws, in order to present real results of the business operation.
- Monitor and record inter-company transactions from Latin American Divisions, including reconciling balances and preparing debit/credit advises. Validate the information received from all divisions to confirm accuracy of data including volume, vessel, trip, direction, costs, GL account.
- Provide support to the Financial Analyst position reviewing variances between actuals and estimates reporting in a periodical basis.
- Prepare and record assigned journal entries and reconcile assigned general ledger accounts including bank accounts, by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Prepare supporting analysis on a period basis for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Responsible to deposit the checks received daily from our customers or agents.
- Process in a weekly basis the North America Trucking Report to generate providers payment.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and corporate accounting policies.
- Retention Information Management (RIM) Coordinator for the division, including the monitoring and application of the company policies, which includes the process of documents destruction.