The Barback is responsible for providing guests with courteous, friendly, sincere, efficient, and graceful table service that meets or exceeds guest expectations and the AAA Four Diamond standards. This position is primarily responsible for cleaning bar and equipment and replenishing bar supplies such as liquor, fruit, ice, and dishes. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ensure high levels of guest satisfaction utilizing the G.U.E.S.T. standards
- Assisting Bartending staff as needed.
- Set up a bar thoroughly and swiftly.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards according to health code regulations.
- Stocks refrigerating units with wines and bottled beer.
- Replaces empty beer kegs with full ones.
- Slices and pits fruit used to garnish drinks.
- Washes glasses, bar, and equipment and polishes bar fixtures Clear and resets counters or tables at conclusion of each course.
- Assists dining room servers in the food and beverage service, sets tables, serves guests as directed by the server, keeps menus clean, and maintains a clean table between servings and menu knowledge.
- Assists with providing tables with beverages.
- Removes solid linens and replaces them with clean linen.
- Transports dirty dishes to the dishwashing station.
- Polish silver and glass as needed.
- Present menu, answer questions, and make suggestions regarding food and beverage.
- Seat guests in the dining room
- Mops floors.
- Removes empty bottles and trash.
- Mixes and prepares flavors for mixed drinks.
- Maintain the daily operations of the restaurant through the execution of daily side work.
- Keeps bar area clean and organized at all times.
- Attend all required training and department meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
- Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
- Ability to remain calm and well organized under pressure while working quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tasks at a time.
- Ability to keep emotions under control.
- Good time management skills.
- Basic knowledge of Wine, Beer, and liquor.
- Ability to respond promptly to guest needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers
- Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Local knowledge of the community (attractions, activities, etc.)
- English language and professional communications skills are required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School diploma - required
- Hospitality or customer service experience - preferred
- Experience in F&B operations - preferred
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
The Kessler Collection is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Standing and walking during the majority of shift-
- Regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel.
- Lifting requirements of up to 40 pounds-
- Working in the kitchen on tiled flooring; kitchen conditions may be hot; floor may be slippery (appropriate footwear required)
- Direct contact with guests, managers, and employees.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.