Located in the heart of San Francisco's historic Jackson Square neighborhood, Cotogna is a lively, comfortably-stylish restaurant featuring regional Italian fare. Adjoining Quince, Lindsay and Chef Michael Tusk's celebrated Three Star Michelin restaurant, Cotogna (meaning 'quince' in Italian) offers a seasonally-changing menu featuring spit-roasted or grilled meats and game birds, wood-oven pizzas, house-made pastas, fresh local fish and seafood, salads, salumi and cheeses in the warm atmosphere of the restaurant's refined urban design. A sophisticated, seasonal cocktail program features innovative, ingredient-driven cocktails with a very approachable all-Italian wine program.
Candidate must be a motivated self-starter with solid communication skills, work well with others and possess a strong work ethic and reliability. Organization, cleanliness and time-management skills are required. Proven ability to excel in a comparable restaurant and culinary degree are preferred.RESPONSIBILITES AND SPAN OF AUTHORITY
In general, you will be responsible for the kitchen's routine operations, including food preparation and production. You will adhere to standard operating procedures for food quality and ensure the kitchen is compliant with the regulatory requirements for food handling, sanitation and cleanliness. Assists and supports the Cotogna chef/sous chefs and effectively communicates their goals for the kitchen department and overall vision for the restaurant.OPERATIONS
- Implement and supervise all Covid-19 related safety regulations
- Supporting executive sous chef and Cotogna Chef de Cuisine in all BOH operations
- Responsibilities as needed and directed by Chefs- Complete Cotogna prep list per standard allotted pars. Oversee duties up to but not excusive to,
- Production of stocks and sauces, according to standard recipes
- Production of pasta farces, ragus and sugo according to standard recipes
- Overall cleanliness of all areas of the cotogna kitchen and shared areas of operation before, during and after service hours
- Direct and teach cooks and prep team on proper techniques per prep station
- Maintain an accurate and reasonable timeline and work schedule for the cooks and prep team
- Filling in on cooking stations as necessary (injury, illness, emergency, breaks)
- Breaking employees for mandated rest and break periods
- Responsible for the storage and rotation of food items in the walk ins and dry storage
- Assist in the enforcement of health and safety standard in the kitchen, walk ins and dry storage
- Responsible for checking and recording the temperature of all refrigeration units and the checking and recording of the dishwasher chemicals
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of dish room. Enforcing daily sweep times.
- Participate in staff meal planning
- Participate in new menu development under the direction of the CDC
- Implementing any personnel policies/decisions as dictated by the Chef/sous chefs
- Provide feedback to chef/sous chef in regards to employee performance
- Direct AM prep staff in accurate time keeping and time clock practices and policies.
- Assist in the daily inventory controls: meat, fish, pasta, vegetable
- Conduct monthly inventory on the first of each month with another member of the kitchen staff
- Work with Chefs to maintain monthly inventory with targeted Cotogna COG's goal at 26%
Education And Experience
- Reflected in the QPA mission statement, model the Core Values while continually striving to infuse their meaning, relevance and impact into all aspects of your role.
- Represent QPA professionally through your personal appearance, communication, and respect for others and follow through. Strive to exceed the standards of cleanliness.
- Demonstrate ownership of job responsibilities though focus, determination, and attention to detail with the goal of elevating the guest experience in every interaction.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge, working towards achieving personal fulfillment rather than public attention.
- Demonstrate an attitude of teamwork by working collaboratively with peers to identify positive solutions to problems or issues. Be open and receptive to changing needs and priorities.
- Display trust in your actions, having confidence in knowing that we are all looking out for each other's best interest.
- Strive to elevate your personal performance and maintaining the standards of quality.
- Take responsibility for maintaining a clean, neat, and orderly work environment. Use equipment, supplies, and other materials with a focused effort to reduce waste and increase safely.
- Welcome suggestions and new ideas as an opportunity to learn, grow and improve services.
- Anticipate and respond to guest needs in a respectful and timely manner.
- Strive to establish a benefit for our guests, each other, the restaurant, and the overall industry into the future.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous restaurant experience required; management experience preferred.
- Successful completion of corporate training program required.
- Food Handler's certification
- Ability to traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly and safely
- Prolonged periods of time standing up
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds at time
- Must be able to comply with all health and safety standards
The company reserves the right to revise and change job duties as the need arises.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years