Chef De Cuisine
Experienced Uptown Fine Dining Restaurant in Charlotte, North Carolina is currently looking for a Chef de Cuisine to lead our culinary team.
We are passionate about sustainable, farm to table, and local cuisine made with great technique in a kitchen with comraderie, open communication, and top down leadership.
The position's responsibility will be to oversee daily kitchen operations, under the Proprietor, and to ensure the restaurant exceeds expectations in food production, staff development, and food quality - all leading to a great team environment producing top quality food. You will oversee Sous Chef, Pastry Chef, Kitchen Manager, and our culinary team for dinner days a week, as well as brunch on Saturday and Sunday (we are currently operating 5 days a week due to Covid and will reopen 7 days a week Summer 2021). You will work as a team with the General Manager to lead our team successfully every day.
We are looking for applicants with 3-5 years of minimum relevant experience in the industry as a Chef de Cuisine or Executive Chef, including a high level understanding of operations management, kitchen technique, and professionalism.
Full weekend availability is necessary to be considered for hire.
We are looking to hire those with a genuinely positive attitude, pleasant demeanor, and strong work ethic.
Interviews and Stages will be arranged by appointment.
- Leadership and Professionalism (lead by example)
- Sanitation & COVID-19 protocol & PPE knowledge
- Overseeing all BOH Operations
- Daily Culinary preparations
- Daily Administrative tasks
- Create, test, cost and execute new menu items
- Ability to oversee a kitchen and lead team to successful service
- Motivate team for positive and successful shifts
- Monthly Inventory
- Familiar with HACCP plans for Sous Vide and ROP
- Opening / Closing Kitchen
- Professional and positive attitude
- Strong Knowledge of all basic cooking techniques
- Sanitation and organization a must
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers
- Professional working environment
- Positive and Hardworking
- Running successful dinner and brunch services.
- Initiate and Lead Weekly Manager Meetings.
- BOH employee training for all new hires and ongoing training for BOH team.
- Meet financial goals for Food and Labor Costs.
- Ensuring appropriate staffing for all BOH departments and shifts, and make new hires as needed.
- Motivated candidates only need apply
- 3-5 years, or more, as chef or chef de cuisine or executive chef with management experience.
- Proficiency in all kitchen stations and prep techniques.
- Knowledge of advance kitchen techniques (i.e. fermentation, preservation, sous vide, combi oven cooking, etc.)
- Professional, results driven approach.
- Outgoing personality that inspires others.
- Team oriented, positive, and enthusiastic outlook and approach.
- High volume background.
- Strong work ethic; typically requires a 55 hour+ work week.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Maintain the highest levels of quality, consistency, and hygiene.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self motivated.
- Sense of ownership over kitchen, day to day projects, and team.
- Organized (and helps keep others organized).
- Calm under pressure.
- Strong delegation skills to achieve results.
- Genuine care for overall hospitality and the guest experience.
- Happy Cooks = Happy Food!!!
We love food and want to work with others who do to!
No drinking, drugs, or drama - we are a professional workplace.
For all professional inquiries, please email a current copy of your resume and references.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year based on experience + additional job benefits