Carrier Enterprise (CE) is a subsidiary of the largest independent HVAC/R distribution company in the world, Watsco, Inc. At CE we proudly distribute industry leading brands such as Carrier, Bryant, Payne, GREE and other brands of HVAC and Refrigeration equipment, as well as a full-line of aftermarket parts, supplies and accessories. CE has approximately 200+ locations throughout 28 states, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, Latin America, Mexico and Canada with over 2,000+ employees. Our vast footprint, inventory and e-Commerce platform allows us to provide our customers with best in class service when they need it and where they need it.
Carrier Enterprise is dedicated to providing Comfort Excellence to the HVAC/R industry. Our vision for Carrier Enterprise is simple...to become a world-class distribution company, and achieve differentiation through the relentless pursuit of service excellence. Our customers and our employees make the difference. We have vast opportunities at our stores, distribution centers, field offices, business units and Headquarter location. We embrace the diverse experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and ideas that make up our company culture. Those experiences only strengthen our teams and our business. From our retail locations to our E-Commerce and mobile platforms our team has the tools to help you grow your career at Carrier Enterprise. See where your drive will take you!
The Benefits Specialist facilitates the daily administration of health and welfare (medical/dental/vision/life ins/short and long-term disability) and wellness plans/policies as well as the retirement plan (401(k)) and ESPP. Assists in the design and revisions of benefit communications/training materials. Provides excellent customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide new employees benefits information and instruct/assist on the enrollment process.
- Administers benefit programs including health and welfare, ESPP, 401k, etc. ensuring all changes are managed within plan guidelines
- Provide direction to vendors and Field HR Mgrs ensuring continued compliance of eligibility guidelines and plan rules for all benefit plans.
- Monitor daily eligibility and claims concerns
- Enter enrollment and termination data in vendor websites and ADP HWSE
- Process and reconcile all benefit related invoicing and reporting
- Resolve employee issues with insurance providers as needed
- Using solid Excel skills to generate monthly and quarterly HR reports.
- Provide internal support for payroll/benefit related systems (ADP Vantage)
- Manage leaves of absence/FMLA in partnership with vendor and field HR leadership
- Process the benefits portion on the company payroll/Serve as "back up" for payroll
- Coordinate the annual open enrollment
- Create, review and update plan summaries, communication materials, open enrollment materials, benefits brochures, etc.
- Ensures compliance of employee benefit programs with all legal requirements including ACA, HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA, amount other regulations.
- Provide general project management & administrative support (gathering audit documents, copying, filing, correspondence, etc.)
- Respond promptly and thoughtfully to employee questions concerning policies, procedures and benefit programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years working in a Benefits/HR environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Familiarity with payroll and benefits software systems (ADP Vantage preferred)
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Excellent organizational skills; able to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands and/or shifting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Carrier Enterprise is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CE offers a competitive total pay (plus bonus on sales incentives) and benefits package inclusive of health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k).