Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to designing dynamic UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.About the Role
The Eats Discovery team is responsible for the serving, ranking and end to end experience of Home-Feed and Search functionalities in Uber Eats.
The team's mission is to craft a reliable
discovery experience for all delivery occasions. As the world moves towards increased adoption of delivery services, we believe that effortless discovery will be one of the biggest product differentiators in the years to come.
The team is focusing on Discovery Experience on Home Feed, Search and Browse UX across all mobile platforms. We are looking for someone with deep experience in product backend to support rich and complex user-facing applications and take the user experiences as well as developer productivity to the next level while working with many partner teams.
Checkout some of our work here - Basic Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years non-internship working experience
- Highly proficient with Backend coding languages (Go, Java, Python etc.)
- Demonstrated experience working as a product engineer, building features from 0-1
- Experience in the Search/ Feed domain
- Demonstrated collaboration with machine-learning teams or systems (does not need hands-on ML experience themselves)
- provided by Dice