What Makes a McKibbon Hotel Dishwasher?
The hotel's Dishwasher is responsible for ensuring all restaurant dishes, silverware and glasses, pots and pans are properly cleaned and sanitized. The primary objective is to ensure all used items are cleaned and maintained, ensuring their availability to be used for service. Your responsibilities include, (but are not limited to) cleaning, kitchen set-up and station preparation prior to service and at the end of the shift, maintaining the condition of the service area and kitchen, as well as regularly interacting with service staff.
A Day in the Life:
- You will anticipate the needs of the service team
- You will ensure all kitchen items are cleaned and sanitized
- You will help to prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- You will set up, stock, and maintain work areas.
- You will move, lift, carry, push, pull, and/or place objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- You will follow all company, safety, and security policies and procedures.
- You will report any accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions.
- You will perform any other reasonable job duties as requested by management
- The ability to work a varied shift that includes weekends, holidays, and special events
- The ability to safely handle dishware
- The ability to operate a variety of kitchen equipment
- A clear understanding of the English language: you can read, write, and verbally communicate in English
- The physical ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Knowledge of dining room service procedures and kitchen functions
- Experience working at a hotel or restaurant establishment (highly desired)
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- The ability to communicate in an efficient and friendly manner
- The ability to maintain a professional appearance
- Remaining calm under pressure while working with speed and accuracy
- Completing and excelling at any necessary certifications and safety training
- Developing and maintaining a positive working relationship with others
- Supporting team members to reach common goals
- Ensuring adherence to quality expectations and standards