citizenM is an affordable luxury hotel chain for mobile citizens of the world. With style that will knock your socks off, we offer citizens a real home from home, plus the world's fluffiest pillows. Our typical guest is a frequent traveler who is quality and design driven, and value conscious. We currently have hotels in the Netherlands, France, UK, Switzerland, Denmark, USA and Asia, with more to come soon. We are proud to put hospitality back into the hospitality industry, and have received numerous awards for our groundbreaking approach. We like to do things differently. This means our hotels are not traditional… and neither are our support offices. We're open-minded, with kind hearts and global minds.
We are looking for great personalities to join our Seattle South Lake Union team!
Your typical citizenM shift could include:
* Making sure everyone gets a warm welcome as soon as they walk in;
* Helping guests at the self check-in kiosks (we have no reception desk);
* Preparing and serving hot and cold local food to our sleepiest guests;
* Brewing delicious coffee or mixing a signature cocktail;
* Being a secret concierge to the city, answering guests' questions about the best places to visit, eat, shop or party;
* Maintaining the living room and the canteen clean, and arranging food displays for the following shift;
* Helping our guests with any requests or demands regarding our facilities (you may even get some new tech skills).
Typical shifts are: OVERNIGHT
Availability to work weekends is required!
Do you have what we're looking for?
As we said before, you don't need to come with experience in the hospitality industry, but you do need to come with the right attitude
To be successful at citizenM, you'll need to have:
* A genuine touch: Treat all people as you would treat your best friends;
* A passionate attitude: Be optimistic and positive. You like to surprise and make people smile.
* A contemporary style: You're inspired by design and creativity, and love to use technology to simplify your life
And you'll need to be
* A smart thinker: You thrive on turning traditional thinking on its head and want to do things first time right;
* Real caring: You want to do the right thing for our guests, your colleagues, community and for the planet;
* Fluent in English. Other language abilities are welcome too!
What's in it for you?
You'll be joining a team of ambassadors who are proud to put on their citizenM outfit every day and go out to wow our guests. You'll help us shake up the traditional hotel industry by providing the thing our guests love most about us: exceptional service.
Your success is in your hands and you'll be rewarded for your individual contribution, while supported by your manager on duty through monthly performance coaching. As you grow, we grow, so we will facilitate you in your personal and professional development and give you access to different learning opportunities and tools.
Whether you're interested in building a career in hospitality, or want to strike a balance between work and your other interests, we are the right place if you have a genuine passion for helping people and growing your talents, whatever your background.
citizenM loves diversity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from anyone.