About The Saxton Group - Dallas, TX
Established in 1982, The Saxton Group has a proven track record within the restaurant industry. We are the largest and fastest growing franchisee within the McAlister's Deli system, currently owning and operating 85+ restaurants throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Nebraska. In addition, the company is one of the largest restaurant franchisees in the United States. We are a unified team with one mission: to put people at the heart of everything we do. This extends to every area of our operation and requires behind-the-scenes support in a variety of roles.
About the Director of Real Estate Development Position
The Director of Real Estate Development will partner with ownership and internal and external functions to develop a strategic plan to support The Saxton Group's growth and development pipeline. This role will be based at The Saxton Group corporate office in Dallas, TX. Compensation based upon qualification and experience.
- Perform market research in the field to identify sites for new restaurant development.
- Perform market research in the field to identify sites for the relocation of existing restaurants.
- Work with real estate brokers to funnel new site opportunities.
- Prepare regular, ongoing reports and presentations to the business owners regarding opportunities for new sites and relocation opportunities. These presentations and reports will be based upon the outcome of your own field research and the work you have collected in conjunction with real estate brokers.
- Interface with corporate franchisor real estate partners to leverage brand tools to assist in market planning and pipeline development.
- Regularly interface with 3rd party lease administration company to be aware of upcoming lease expirations and create actionable plans in consultation with the business owners regarding the future of end-of-lease locations.
- Gather necessary information to consult with business owners regarding strategic plan for the future of all sites in the companies' real estate portfolio.
- Assist in LOI preparation and purchase and sale agreement negotiation for sites acquired by The Saxton Group and affiliated holding companies.
- Manage timeline of critical dates for deals under contract and aid in the collection, procurement, distribution, and review of due diligence materials.
- Deliver necessary site materials and due diligence information to the Project Manager and assist Project Manager in pre-development activities.
- Have a B.A./B.S. or an equivalent in education and experience in real estate.
- Approximately 45-55% regional travel (sometimes more depending on real estate activities).
- Have 2-5 years' experience in retail real estate development, site selection, real estate finance/underwriting, or commercial real estate brokerage.
- Possess expert knowledge of and the ability to use a PC or Mac and MS Office Suite
- Be highly organized.