Prep To Your Door's purpose is to revolutionize the food systems by building an organization that values people, planet, and profit. We sustain our community by delivering our delicious, plant-based meals in reusable mason jars that are picked up and sanitized each week. Through our eco-conscious, zero-waste business model, we hope to facilitate the connection between human and planetary health. The outcomes that are expected in this role are deeply connected to our larger purpose as a company.
How You Will Make a Difference
Our Kitchen Team Member position is similar to a Prep Cook role! You will be an ambassador of Prep To Your Door and our values. You will have a direct impact in helping our community by preparing our 100% organic, gluten-free, and plant-based meals. It is your job to ensure that we're delivering our customers a delicious 10 out of 10 experience that invests in their health and the planet.
No matter what position you start in with us, you will have the opportunity to be cross-trained and will be tasked to take on different positions within our team. Promoting from within shows every hourly employee that with ample energy, contribution, and a growth mindset, more is possible if you desire it.
Pay range $14-$16/hr.Responsibilities
Kitchen Team Member Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Ensure all food meets food safety and quality standards
- Prep all cold and hot food items using prep worksheets
- Operate oven, ensure proper time of all cooked foods
- Operate robot coupe, sammic, and all other raw prep equipment
- Ensure accurate prep yields of raw and cooked foods
- Layer ingredients in reusable mason jars to create aesthetically pleasing meals
- Correctly pack meals into insulated bags based off customer's weekly menu selections
- Maintain clean, food-safe sanitation and prep areas throughout shift
- Set up, break down, and organize prep area and equipment
- Eager to learn and not afraid to ask for help along the way
- Motivated and has full intentions to help us grow
- Empathetic and dedicated to supporting our team
- Approach obstacles from a solution-oriented mindset
- Adaptable work mentality
- Clearly communicate needs
- Previous culinary experience a plus!
- Access to PTYD Headquarters, including the co-working space and community garden
- Access to delicious, plant-based meals
- Continuing education through quarterly book clubs
- Experience a magnetic & fulfilling work environment with supportive mentors & peers
- Immediate eligibility for short-term disability
- After 120 days, you are eligible for health coverage, vision, and dental plans
- Opportunity for growth within a company dedicated to building a sustainable & profitable business
Powered by JazzHR