Assistant Manager (Sous Chef) for Primo's MX Kitchen
JOB SUMMARY: Assists the Executive Chef in the daily operations of the kitchen, including menu development, inventory and purchasing of supplies, and cost control. Oversees the activities of the kitchen staff and monitors food production and presentation in the absence of the Executive Chef.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the Executive Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations.
• Assists in manage a day-to day operation of the kitchen, coordinate food production schedules and ensure highest level of food quality, taste and presentation
• Assist the Executive Chef in budgeting i.e. food cost/payroll/etc. When agreed, control all overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the oncoming year/report all variances from actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
• Participate in actual food preparation, produce food consistently high quality, taste and presentation and handling, by training kitchen and restaurant employees on how to handle leftover food items.
• Ensures that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to uniform, grooming and appearance standards.
• Must maintain effective communication within the kitchen and dining room, be responsive to • Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas and coolers and promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
• Responsible for control of equipment and scheduling maintenance.
• Take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges.
• Assist Executive Chef with training of kitchen staff.
• Assist Executive Chef with food management/menus.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
• Protect the safety of self, co-workers and guests at all times.
• Report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to immediate supervisor without delay.
• Report safety-related accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor
• Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers and maintain a positive and professional approach.
• Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner
• Ability to execute under pressure
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities, manage time effectively and meet deadlines accordingly.
• In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
The working environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is usually indoors, can be loud and busy.
• Could be subjected to many kitchen hazards such a hot surfaces and liquids, access to sharp tool and slippery floors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree from an accredited college or university in Culinary Arts preferred or
• Associate Degree or higher in Culinary arts Preferred
• Minimum 3 years at an Executive Sous Chef or Sous Chef level management