Hosts are expected to embody the hospitality, charm, and professionalism of our organization. Your role is to ensure that all guests are greeted promptly in a warm and courteous manner. We are welcoming these guests into OUR home! This individual must be pleasant, conscientious, and professional with excellent hospitality instincts and drive to provide excellent customer service.
- Greet guests upon arrival, lead them to table, and provide menus.
- Answer incoming calls and meet guests' needs.
- Create floor chart accordingly and assign servers their sections as requested by managers.
- Maintain assigned areas clean.
- Work with management to ensure each guest is happy and all requests are met.
- Communicate with kitchen staff to maintain efficient flow of the restaurant.
- Relay messages regarding reservations/large parties to bussers, wait staff, kitchen staff, and food runners.
- Assist the other bartenders monitoring and coordinating the day-to-day operations of his/her Bar during each shift and ensures all FOH SOP's (including HACCP) are duly followed and fully executed.
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
- Prepare drinks in accordance with proper mix ratios and deliver to guest in a pleasant manner.
- Ensures a spotless service is delivered to all guests anytime, and that their needs and expectations are fulfilled to the highest level and down to the smallest details.
- Ensure his unit is well maintained and that all equipment's, materials and utensils are always in perfect working conditions. Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services. Reports any defect to the Restaurant Manager.
- Pro-actively greet guests warmly and provide pleasant and comfortable experience.
- Takes orders from customers or Bar Waiter/Waitress.
- Must be pleasant, hospitable, and attentive to guests always.
- Must be knowledgeable of HH information to assist guests at any time.
- Relay any guest complaints/comments to Manager.
- Engage guest in pleasant, comfortable, and appropriate conversation as dictated by the desire of the guest. These conversations should not affect the attentiveness or service to others.
- Ensure service is performed in a timely, efficient yet comfortable manner to maintain proper pace of service.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and ensure staff's compliance with all departmental/HH policies and procedures.
Procurement and deliveries
- Checks quality of deliveries and documentation.
- Ensures correct storage of supplies.
- Ensure quality of products received.
- Ensure that all Coolers a cleaned and stocked daily up to the Stock Par.
Finance, Cost Control & Budgeting
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of orders into computer system and collection of payment Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food and Beverage costs.
- Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides, photographs are current and posted.
- Assist in monthly inventory if needed.
- Reconciliation of money and checks from servers.
- Responsible for profitable bar cost by accurate measurement of product.
- Responsible for correct cash out procedures for servers.
- Sending order through a computer terminal.
- Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
- Ensure that menu items are prepared following recipes.
- Make sure all drinks are rung up properly.
- Follow proper procedures for ringing guest checks and cash collecting procedures.
- Follow cash handling responsibilities as dictated by HH policy.
- Be fully responsible and accountable for an issued bank.
- Collects money for drinks served.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
Sanitation and Equipment
- Ensure that staff maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and HH requirements.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and restaurant requirements.
- Instruct staff in the correct usage and care of all machinery in the kitchen operation, stressing safety.
Meetings & Communication
- Be available for any Restaurant mandatory meeting or training.
- Reports immediately on any major product defect or any major guest issue and takes all necessary corrective actions.
- Ensures a smooth communication with all direct reports and other Restaurants Managers/supervisors
- Keeps current with trends in the restaurant industry.
Attire, language, and behavior
- Is always neatly dressed and groomed, and always behaves and speaks according to HH Division and Harwood International standards of excellence and image.
- Treats all associates - in public and in private - with respect and consideration, regardless of their position or tasks.
- Positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Strong decision making abilities
- Reliable and dependable
- "Can-do", team-oriented attitude
- Possess friendly and helpful customer service
- Ability to think quickly on their feet and multi-task with ease
- Clean and organized working habits
- A commitment to learn
- Ability to dress "date ready" for all shifts
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a high volume, fast paced restaurant
- Ability to speak English fluently and clearly.
- Availability to work nights, weekends & holidays.
- Previous related experience is a plus.
- Open table experience a plus