Zankou Chicken is continuing its growth! Join us on our mission to create WOW experiences! As a District Manager at Zankou, you'll lead your district teams through our core values: Excellence, Teamwork, and Care. You'll provide high-level support to restaurant operations to be the best it can be, exceeding the expectations of both our Guests and Team Members. Zankou's DMs are the highly trusted go-to leaders that manage a team of General Managers, assisting with service or food related challenges in the field. You'll take ownership of daily tasks while reaching for ambitious objectives. You'll support department initiatives while collaborating with leaders of other departments. You'll be trusted to perform at a high level while infusing cultural values throughout the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works alongside the restaurant management to develop plans for improving measurable performance related to P&Ls and other key metrics. Provides guidance in troubleshooting restaurant-level issues.
- Meets regularly with their team to discuss current budget trends and provides guidance as needed
- Develops and coaches managers to run effective shifts, coach and develop their Team Members and create engagement within the restaurant
- Ensures that company standards for food safety, quality and presentation are consistently met
- Ensures that every Team Member is highly knowledgeable in their field and that all of their
- restaurants are providing industry-leading hospitality, food is consistently served with speed and accuracy.
- Ensures clean and safe environment throughout the facility and parking lot
- Reviews Guest feedback and works with managers to increase Guest satisfaction levels by empowering them to resolve concerns as they arise. Coach managers on being proactive with Guests.
- Conducts performance reviews, both formal and informal, to regularly assist Managers in developing their knowledge, skills, and abilities, and to recognize their strengths and accomplishments
- Plans ahead with managers to identify, evaluate and respond appropriately to labor efficiency problems, cash/security issues, and health department inspections
- Accountable for creating a culture of Team Member engagement, learning and development. Provides constructive feedback regularly, respectfully and effectively
- Conducts regular field visits to inspect the execution of restaurant efficiency, and ensures that the Zankou brand being represented appropriately
- Foster a challenging work environment to support a growth mindset
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to employment (i.e., discrimination and harassment, wage and hour, etc.).
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office 365 and restaurant software
- Strong communication (including public speaking), listening, presentation, writing, and assessment skills
- Ability to work effectively with organizational leadership, providing guidance on company policies and practices related to Team Member relations
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- The ability to go the extra mile when needed; an ambitious drive and understanding that great things take time, energy, and persistent hard and smart work
- Must have proven ability to drive Team Member satisfaction/retention, Guest satisfaction and financial performance
- Confidence and ability to influence others, facilitate processes, and coach/advise managers
- Strong desire to develop their team and actively continue their own development
- High energy with a positive, Guest-centric attitude
- Provide observations, evaluations, and feedback on procedures and policies
- Interview and hire leadership roles
- 3-5 years of experience in similar role
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Fun and challenging work environment with opportunities for growth and professional development!
- 95% of Medical insurance on applicable plans (after waiting period)
- 50% of Medical dependents' insurance (after waiting period)
- Dental and Vision Insurance Plans (after waiting period)
- Up to 120 hours accrued Vacation
- Discounted meals