- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, woks, stoves,warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all products to proper specifications.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Assists in training and coaching of other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- At least 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms.
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be moderate-to-high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
Compensation: Hourly ($14.77) plus tips
Effective rate $20-$25 will change based on tips for days/hours worked.
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Dining Discounts