Job Title: Group Sales and Special Events Coordinator
Department: Group Sales/Special Events
Reports To: Group Sales Manager/Assistant General Manager
Primary Responsibilities & Specific Duties
This position is responsible for ensuring that their assigned events and group sales activities are organized and executed providing a high-quality catering service for banquets, receptions, and special events to achieve customer satisfaction and retention. The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to.
* Planning, assigning, and directing work for group sales and special event employees.
* Maintaining labor costs by adhering to schedules put before them.
* Position is very hands on with excessive interaction with staff and customers during events.
* Be at work and in proper uniform according to the scheduled time.
* Assist with collecting all banquet equipment to include flatware, china, glassware, and serving pieces needed for each event.
* Work closely with Chef to assure all food and supplies are available as needed during events.
* Assist with preparation and setup of event spaces when necessary.
* Attend pre-function meeting for briefing of event details.
* Complies with Health Department rules and regulations.
* Always provide friendly and courteous customer service.
* Perform duties as assigned according to each event if applicable.
* Inventory control: to include counting supplies, as needed before, during, and after the event.
* Manage the breakdown of tables and banquet equipment after each event.
* Clean and return catering equipment and serving pieces to proper storage areas.
* Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
* Work closely with Operations Managers to plan special event setup and execution.
* Manage the setup, execution, and breakdown of all assets needed for special events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Attention to detail and consistency in every aspect of service is a must.
* Positive customer service-oriented attitude always.
* Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
* Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
* Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
* Ability work with other staff members in the facility.
* Proficient Point of Sale experience.
* Knowledge in Upserve and Tripleseat is preferred.
* Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
* Strong time management skills to complete tasks in a timely manner.
* Passion for the Ace Cafe brand car, bike enthusiast a huge plus!
* 5+ years equivalent work experience.
* Candidate must be extremely well organized with the ability to manage/plan multiple events simultaneously.
* Individual must have experience with event operations, good oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.
* Ability to work nights, weekends, and Holidays.
* Attention to detail when properly reporting an event.
* Creative thinking and outgoing personality ability to wear multiple hats.
* Self-directed, diplomatic, and excellent verbal & written communicator.
* Ability to manage and inspire a team to execute and deliver memorable events.
* General activities include walking, talking, sitting, standing, typing, lifting, and carrying up to 50 lbs.
About Ace Cafe Orlando:
Ace Cafe Orlando, the first North American location of the celebrated London-based motor-diner, connects great food and dining with a passion for motoring and rock n roll. Since 1938, Ace Cafe London has been a mecca for those passionate about cars, bikes and rock n roll. A global cultural phenomenon, Ace Cafe brings that same love of speed and adrenaline to its flagship North America location in downtown Orlando.
While the Ace is a natural draw for anyone who is passionate about cool motors, its also a warm and welcoming gathering spot for great music, inspired food and drink at a great price, good times, and families. The three-acre motor-centric dining, entertainment, and retail destination features a full-service restaurant, bars, live music stages, retail stores, an art gallery, and more.