Assistant Deli Manager FULL-TIME $14.50/hr
Responsible for the receiving product and ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean, and delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is provided. 50% or more of the job is manual labor.
- Ensuring proper customer service and works to develop relationships with large customers.
- Supervising and working together with Deli Supervisor (if applicable) and Stocker/s to assure that shelves are stocked and merchandise is rotated.
- Assisting in developing schedules, monitors performance and recommends the proper discipline as appropriate including termination.
- Training employees in job responsibilities and safe operating procedures and interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Ensuring that employees are performing the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP audits.
- Reviewing inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensuring that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervising and working alongside the Stocker/s in the receiving of all deli products and ensures that the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintaining accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintaining refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervising the ordering of deli products from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinating that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets, and cleaning underneath.
REM-01 WS-01 WS-TC
Shift start: 8:00AM or 9:00AM or 10:00AM
Shift length: 8.5 hours
5 days/week, must be available any day
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.
Associated topics: assistant restaurant manager, bakery manager, conference, food service supervisor, frontend, general operations manager, gm, night manager, night shift manager, operations