What Makes a McKibbon Server?
The Server takes orders and serves food and beverage items to our customers in a timely, friendly, enthusiastic and professional manner.
A Day in the Life:
- You will ensure each guest is greeted and made to feel important
- You will be knowledgeable about the menu, offering suggestions and being able to answer questions
- You will service guests' orders as requested and as aligned with company and brand standards.
- You will maintain adequate supplies of clean dishware.
- You will carry food, dishes, trays, and/or silverware from the pantry to serving counters.
- You will collect dirty dishes and tableware, and run them through the dishwasher.
- You will clean counters, shelves, furniture, and/or equipment in the pantry or breakfast area.
- You will clean any spilled items, broken items, and remove trash, when necessary.
- You will mop or vacuum floors.
- You will fill beverage and ice dispensers, and stock and/or refill the appropriate areas with condiments.
- One to two years' experience as a server
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including shift work, weekends, and holidays
- The legal ability to serve alcohol in the State/Province
- Knowledge of state and local guidelines regarding service of alcohol
- Knowledge of drink preparation
- Computational skills to process guest payments
- Course work or certification/education in restaurant or business field are highly desired
- Food safety certification and/or alcohol service training recommended
- The ability to lift trays of beverages or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis
- The ability to help create an energized bar atmosphere through friendly and personalized service
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, and change course of action accordingly
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- The drive to approach each guest interaction with the mindset of exceeding guest expectations
- Embracing the culture, and personifying it in daily interactions with guests and team members
- Contributing to a fun, energized and comfortable working environment as an active member of the team
- Overseeing the look and feel of your area and ensuring that the cleanliness of the bar and its surroundings are at their peak at all times
- Being a motivated self-starter
- Being conscientious and driven to consistently serve the guests with the utmost professionalism and courtesy