Reservations & Core Services Manager - Full time
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is looking for a Reservations Manager who shares our passion for excellence and is enthusiastic about creating the ultimate service experience. Our Reservations Manager will be a part of a dynamic team that provides award-winning service to our guests. This critical position oversees our CORE operations (Reservations and PBX). This position reports to the Director of Marketing. U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine "100 Best Companies to Work For" rankings every year since 1998.
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is the Pacific Northwest's only Forbes five-star rated hotel. Overlooking Elliott Bay and Puget Sound, our luxurious guestrooms are steps away from Pike Place Market, the Seattle Art Museum, and world-class shopping. In partnership with acclaimed Seattle chef Ethan Stowell, we are proud to showcase simply prepared Northwest food and drink in Goldfinch Tavern, our signature restaurant.
The Reservations & Core Services Manager of Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is an integral part of our continued success. The "Core team" is responsible for driving rates and revenue throughout the hotel by effectively and efficiently managing the guest experience. This position is fast-paced, varied and requires fostering connections with many areas of the hotel to positively affect all departments. Four critical areas for success will include proven accomplishments in People Leadership, Luxury Rooms Sales, Financial/Analytical Skills and a Sales-Driven Mentality.
As Reservations and Core Services Manager, you will manage a highly effective Core team. Specifically, you will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Work with Sales & Marketing Teams to execute the hotel's strategic sales plan in regards to occupancy, rates and yield.
* Manage the Reservations & Core Department (Core) to meet and exceed budgeted targets
* Monitor productivity within the team to gain a clear understanding of the business and communicate needs and trends with leadership team
* Actively seek various opportunities to enable team who is selling on the phone to increase revenue spend by guests
* Working with the Director of Revenue, understand the competitive marketplace through data analysis trends, and build a strategic approach to manage those trends
* Create an environment that empowers team members to deliver best in class results
* Communicate effectively with team members a various levels within the organization in both verbal and written form
* Mentor and develop skills within the Core Team to enable them to grow within their role and within the company
* Successful candidate must be a motivated sales person and be able to develop those skills in the team.
* Coaching and mentoring other leaders within the department
* Consistent approach accountability to ensure the constant delivery of excellent guest service
* Recruit, select, train and coach Team Members
* Passion for being innovative and ability to quickly adapt to changing environments/demands
* Competent in using various hotel IT systems on daily basis (Opera experience a major plus) and be capable of keeping accurate records of revenue and booking levels.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
* Advanced computer knowledge including but not limited to MS Office, IDEAS, Opera, Travelclick and Delphi
* 2 years of hotel management experience preferably a hotel reservations department
* Bachelor's degree in hospitality administration or similar concentration
* Ability to analyze financial statements, revenue reports and market data
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What to Expect from Your Work Experience...You will
* Be part of a cohesive team with a singular focus on creating the best possible guest experience
* Have the ability to demonstrate your unique personality and service style, while achieving brand standards that make Four Seasons the leading name in luxury hospitality
* Be encouraged to demonstrate your professional passion
* Have career growth opportunities within Four Seasons Hotel Seattle and worldwide with Four Seasons global portfolio of Hotels and Resorts
* Be rewarded with market-leading pay and a comprehensive benefit plan
* Have opportunities to experience any Four Seasons Hotel in the world with preferred Employee rates, Friend & Family discounted rates, and complimentary "Discovery" nights rewarded annually
* Receive a complimentary hot meal each working day in our employee restaurant the Post Alley Galley
* Access discounted downtown Parking Garage and Public Transit passes
* Receive dining discounts in Food & Beverage and discounts on Spa products
Learn more about our property and what it is like to work at Four Seasons by visiting:
We look forward to receiving your application!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website -