Kitchen Manager AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North
Location Address: 730 Courtland St. Orlando
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North
AdventHealth Care Center's mission to "Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ"
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization's mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be "Greater as a Whole"
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time/ Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assists the Nutritional Services Director in making decision, organizing, motivating staff, use of materials and equipment in a manner to obtain cooperation and efficient use of resources.
- Supervises Cooks and Dietary Aide staff.
- Responsible for staffing and scheduling.
- Follows policies and procedures for the Nutritional Services Department.
- Accountable for the proper storage of all food and supplies used by the Nutritional Services Department and minimizing loss.
- Ensures that the kitchen staff follows the required food handling and preparation policies, procedures and regulations.
- Assists in ordering food and supplies as needed.
- Evaluates and provides direction in food production, including standardizing recipes, portion control, problem solving, and Quality Assessment and Assurance activities.
- Responsible for regular participation in department meetings and providing training to dietary staff.
- Provides residents and families with nutritional education as indicated an appropriate.
- Communicates with nursing staff regarding nutritional status of residents and provides recommendations needed to meet resident identified needs.
- Responsible for setting up cards, tray tickets, charts, and files diet requisitions on all residents.
- Responsible for monitoring nutritional snack cart deliveries, nourishment rooms properly stocked, and proper product rotation.
- Responsible for developing, teaching, monitoring, and enforcing safety guidelines to create a safe working environment for dietary staff.
- Supervises and monitors employee work habits to ensure proper back safety practices are used.
- Reports findings, problems, and recommendations to the Nutritional Services Director on a regular basis.
- Assumes designated duties in the absence of the Dietary Manager.
- Attends staff education, training and other meetings.
- Assists and provides coverage for all dietary positions as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Pass an approved Sanitation Certification program
- Healthcare Dietary experience preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.