SUMMARY: Responsible for preparing food orders and serving meals and beverages to
patrons while coordinating kitchen activities.
What's it in it for you:
- PTO (Paid vacation after 1 year of service)
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance options
- Short and long-term disability options
- Employer paid life insurance with additional coverage options
- Employee Travel Program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares/cooks food according to recipes
- Greets guests, presents menus, answers questions, takes orders, and accommodates special requests as needed
- Prepares food according to the menu and quantity needed for the orders
- Maintains food supply and equipment inventory weekly and orders as needed
- Maintains daily temperature and waste logs
- Receives, dates, and examines food products and supplies to ensure quality and quantity
- meet order requests and standard specifications
- Restocks bar, replenishes pantry, cleans counters, tables, utensils, and kitchen at the
- close end of shift
- Resets counters and tables at guests' departure and at end of shifts
- Computes bill, accepts payment, and tracks sales receipts
- Reports accurately for tax processing
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Beverage stations offering alcoholic beverages must be manned at all times during an event. At no time is a guest permitted to serve themselves
- Patron's ID's must be checked before serving
- A valid issued state, district, territorial, possession, provincial, national or other equivalent driver's license A state issued ID with photo and date of birth
- Military ID card with photo and date of birth
- Valid Passport
- Must complete Alcohol Training, i.e. Brand Alcohol Awareness such as ServSafe, TIPS
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of threemonths related experience in restaurant or hotel.
- Serve Safe and/or bartender license as deemednecessary by city or state of hotel location.
- Interpersonal skills
- Guest Service
- Proficient Communication
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Will be required to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts,
- slipping, tripping, falls and burns.
- Frequent hand washing is required
Internal: General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Peers, and Field Operations at
the corporate level
External: Guests - To provide customer service
Vendors - To place and receive orders
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job
functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental
activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or
she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
The major responsibility in this position is to prepare and serve food and beverages
ordered by hotel guests. This person must understand the practices, techniques and
technologies required in the work they are performing or monitoring.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk
and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to adjust
or focus. Sense of smell sometimes used.
Will be required to lift and carry boxes up to 50 pounds.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.