The Splintered Wand, a new restaurant in Ballard, is seeking full and part time line cooks. The line cook position will be responsible for any and all stations in the kitchen. Strong organizational skills and a great work ethic are essential for this role. Must be able to remain calm during high volume periods. Open communication between the kitchen staff is a large part of the line cook's role. Pay is dependent on experience and skill. Kitchen staff are encouraged to bring ideas to the table and are trained in a healthy working environment. Schedules are currently open and will be tailored to staff availability.
· Frequent walking and standing for long periods of time.
· Ability to reach hands and arms in any direction, kneel and stoop repeatedly.
· Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
· Follow recipes and plate as executed by Chef, Sous Chef and/or Pastry Chef
· Must maintain the kitchen area and keep it clean.
· Keep lines organized and stocked while maintaining proper par levels.