Join our Monsoon Team! With over 20 years serving Seattle
Since we first opened in 1999, Monsoon has always been about marrying Vietnamese tradition to modern innovation using fresh, local ingredients from the Pacific Northwest. These recipes are from our family, from Saigon. But they are elevated and inspired by the bounty of our region. We use small farms wherever possible, we source local seafood, and we make everything by hand. We opened Monsoon because, at the time, there was nothing like it in the Pacific Northwest. Sure, we wanted this food for ourselves, but more than that, we were excited to share it with everyone. The rest is history…
If you are a highly self-motivated, organized, communicative, and experienced sous chef this is the job for you.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead, take direction, and work closely with the owners and chefs. Candidates must be able to work a combination of lunch and dinner shifts.
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage line
- Keep station clean and organized for a good workflow
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven experience as a line cook/prep
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Familiar with industry's best practices
- Medical benefits available for FT employees
- Employee discount at all our properties
- Discounted shift meal
- It's an easy commute
The role we are looking for includes part-time or full-time.