We are The Westy, a neighborhood bar in West Seattle with a passion for Sports, Spirits, and Food. We strive to show that a sports bar can be welcoming, fresh, and for everyone.
We are looking for an individual to assist our Chef & Daytime kitchen lead in daily kitchen operations. The right candidate is willing and able to jump into any situation and lead by example and not just by 'bossing' everyone else around.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ordering and Inventory controls.
- Maintain effective communication between all staff.
- Ensure recipes and dishes are followed and prepared to specifications each time.
- Develop specials and features, including costing.
- Maintain organized kitchen and cleanliness.
- Assist in hiring and staff training.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of recent management experience in similar kitchen environment, specializing in fresh ingredients. (We aren't looking for someone to take something from freezer to fryer or reheat premade food)
- Ability to Multitask and stay focused on executing service.
- Willingness and ability to jump into any station as needed.
- Current WA Health Card.
- Proficient knife skills and portioning of product.
- Applicant must be able to perform all of the above, and must be able to; Occasionally lift up to 50lbs, bend, twist, and use ones hands consistently. Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- This is a full time position, approximately 40 hours per week.
- Pay is hourly + portion of kitchen tip share. Current average tip out has been between $3-$4 per hour
- Currently there are no included benefits. As things return to normal and settle back in we are hoping to add this benefit.
Please submit resume and current references. Earnings will be based on experience & qualifications. Increase after 90 days of job performance.