Estamos contratando sushi chefs $21 por hora+propina, cocineros $19 por hora+propina, lavatrastes $17 por hora+propina y preparadores $17 por hora+proprina .Que tengan una personalidad divertida y energética y responsable.
Nuevos contratos tendrán un bonus de $1,200
En bamboo sushi , puede esperar un entorno de trabajo rápido y un equipo de apoyo excepcional con el que trabajar; este es un lugar divertido para estar y nos enfocamos en asegurarnos de que esté preparado para ser exitoso desde el principio.
Para que un sushi chef/cocinero y preparador tengan éxito en bamboo sushi, debe tener por lo menos 1 a 2 años de experiencia trabajando como sushi chef/cocinero/preparador en un entorno de ritmo rápido y tener la capacidad de levantar ocasionalmente 50 libras de forma segura.
Bamboo sushi se basa en la idea de hacer las cosas de manera diferente y tener un impacto real. Para hacer esto' un éxito, estamos formando un equipo de personas apasionadas,energéticas y entusiastas para formar parte de este equipo y defender nuestra misión. Nos enfocamos en traer a nuestros clientes más que una simple comida , si no que una experiencia.
******** SIGN-ON BONUS PROGRAM ********
Earn up to $1,200 in the first 6 months, restrictions apply.
Join our team today to take advantage of this limited time BONUS program!
Bamboo Sushi is built around the idea of doing things differently and having real impact. To do this successfully, we're growing a team of passionate, energetic and enthusiastic people to champion our mission.
At Bamboo Sushi we focus on bringing our guests more than just a meal; it's an experience! Sustainability is our mission, and we are proving it. We are dedicated to bringing our guests the freshest fish, meat and produce with the greatest consciousness to marine stewardship, sustainability and the environment. We view the work we do as a lifestyle commitment, not simply a job. We want the best, brightest, and most passionate to work with us on our goal of making the world a better place.
Sushi Chefs at Bamboo Sushi work with the kitchen and FOH teams to ensure consistent and timely preparation of ingredients & sushi bar menu items.
Sushi Chefs will progress through three stations, dependent on skill level:
- Roll case: focus on vegetable prep, making sushi rice, and mastering the production of our sushi rolls
- Front case: focus on fish breakdown, developing expertise of fish cuts, mastering the production of nigiri and sashimi, creating omakase experiences for guests, interacting with guests sitting at sushi bar
- Wheel: focus on organizing orders coming in with those in production, also making sushi rolls, nigiri, and sashimi
Sushi Chef are responsible for, but not limited to, the follow duties:
- Adhering to company policies unless superseded by law
- Adhering to company, state, and county food safety and sanitation standards
- Maintaining clean and organized workstation with practicing safe and sanitary food handling at all times
- Preparing food consistently based on recipes
- Maintaining friendly, helpful, and positive attitude while at work
- Approaching interactions with co-workers and guests in a respectful & solution-oriented manner
Opportunities for Advancement w/in the Company
- 1-2 years of culinary experience or culinary education preferred
- 1-2 years progressive responsibility in a fast paced working environment preferred
- Attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in proper food and drink handling & storage
Work is performed primarily in a fast paced full service restaurant with frequent distractions and loud noises.
The person in this position needs to occasionally or frequently;
- Maneuver about inside the restaurant/office to access food/beverage items, machinery, and other restaurant equipment
- Operate basic office equipment
- Operate basic restaurant equipment
- Ascend/descend a ladder or stairs to service the machinery, lights, ceiling fans, etc.
- Be able to exchange accurate information while communication with customers
- Be able to distinguish different tastes, i.e.; sweet and bitter flavors.
- Work in a noisy/distracting environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Bamboo Sushi that qualified individuals with disabilities not be discriminated against because of their disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. It is further the policy of Bamboo Sushi to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process. Bamboo Sushi is prepared to modify or adjust the job application process or the job or work environment to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of the applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the position he or she desires, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact the HR Department by phone or in person at 9 SE 3rd Ave, Portland OR 97214.