******** SIGN-ON BONUS PROGRAM ********
Earn up to $1,200 in the first 6 months, restrictions apply.
Join our team today to take advantage of this limited time BONUS program!
At Bamboo Sushi we focus on bringing our guests more than just a meal; it's an experience! Sustainability is our mission, and we are proving it. We are dedicated to bringing our guests the freshest fish, meat and produce with the greatest consciousness to marine stewardship, sustainability and the environment. We view the work we do as a lifestyle commitment, not simply a job. We want the best, brightest, and most passionate to work with us on our goal of making the world a better place.
Servers at Bamboo Sushi are responsible for, but not limited to, the follow duties:
- Adhering to company policies unless superseded by law
- Maintaining friendly, helpful, and positive attitude while at work
- Approaching interactions with co-workers and guests in a respectful & solution-oriented manner
- Willfully assist fellow team members in meeting needs of guests
- Answering questions and make recommendations about food, beverage, and sustainability practices
- Notifying guests of any potential food allergens
- Submitting orders accurately, following established guidelines
- Following alcohol awareness guidelines to prevent guest intoxication, notifying restaurant leadership of any questions or concerns
- Delivering food and beverages to guests
- Preparing the final bill, presenting a check to the guest, and accepting payment following established guidelines
Opportunities for Advancement w/in the Company
- 1 or more years of experience working in high-volume and/or guest-facing food service preferred
- Working knowledge and/or exposure to dining room and service standards, procedures, and functions preferred
- Calm and respectable demeanor
- Solution-oriented perspective
- OLCC Handlers Card
- Experience using TOAST and other point of sale software
Work is performed primarily in a fast paced full service restaurant with frequent distractions and loud noises.
The person in this position needs to occasionally or frequently;
- Maneuver about inside the restaurant/office to access food/beverage items, machinery, and other restaurant equipment
- Operate basic office equipment
- Operate basic restaurant equipment
- Ascend/descend a ladder or stairs to service the machinery, lights, ceiling fans, etc.
- Be able to exchange accurate information while communication with customers
- Be able to distinguish different tastes, i.e.; sweet and bitter flavors.
- Work in a noisy/distracting environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Bamboo Sushi that qualified individuals with disabilities not be discriminated against because of their disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. It is further the policy of Bamboo Sushi to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process. Bamboo Sushi is prepared to modify or adjust the job application process or the job or work environment to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of the applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the position he or she desires, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact the HR Department by phone or in person at 9 SE 3rd Ave, Portland OR 97214.