Piatti Ristorante & Bar has been located in the bustling UVillage next to the University of Washington for over 20 years! Our menu features Italian-inspired, seasonally-dictated cuisine with an emphasis on local farms and producers. Our philosophy is simple: combine rustic, flavorful cuisine with simple, unpretentious design, an approachable and interesting wine list.
We are currently hiring Servers! *weekend availability is required*To apply for the position, please come to the restaurant with your resume between 2:30-4:30 any day of the week, to fill out an application and speak to a manager. We look forward to meeting you soon!
As a Server in our restaurant, you will provide outstanding service to our guests to ensure a memorable dining experience. You will take food and beverage orders from our guests, and serve food orders and alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages to our guests' tables according to our restaurant and/or hotel service standards. You will be asked to assist in the maintenance of the restaurant area and equipment.
· Be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time.
· Focus attention on details.
· Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
· Provide legible communication.
· Compute basic mathematical calculations.
· Perform job functions with minimal supervision.
· Be a team player - need to be willing to lend a helping hand to any teammate at any time.
· P.O.S. system.
· Table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the Restaurant/Bar.
· All liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the restaurant.
· Particular characteristics and description of every wine/ champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
· All menu items, prices, preparation method/time, ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and method of presentation.
· Maintain complete knowledge of, and strictly abide by, state liquor regulations (particularly those prohibiting service to minors and intoxicated persons, and drunk driving).
· Correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
· Company service standards and practices.
· Maintain complete knowledge of, and comply with, all departmental policies/service procedures.
· Minimum 21 years of age.
· One year of experience as a casual upscale dining Server or equivalent.
· Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
· Food Handler Certification.
Why we love working here:
- -Sick Hours
- -Medical, Dental & Vision benefits available for FT employees (30+ hours/week)
- -Discounted ORCA pass
- -Employee discount at all our properties
- -Discounted shift meal
- -It's an easy commute from the Eastside, North & South and there is ample free parking.
Piatti Ristorante & Bar is part of Moana Restaurant Group, one of the West's leading restaurant companies. Operating unique restaurants with opportunities for career growth and advancement.