To be successful in this position, the food truck grill cook must have strong time management skills, enjoys food prep, creative and strive for a long career in the hospitality industry. He or she will need to bring a passion for food trucks and events, have lots of energy, and enjoy customer service. He or she must also be a team player who enjoys working in a close knit, successful team.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Pre-shift food prep
- Stocking of truck for service and taking inventory
- Being a cashier & Operating a point of sale (POS) system
- Fulfill customer orders
- Help run the line/ Prepare tacos
- Prepare and serve sides
- Being a team player
- Post-shift cleaning & stocking of the truck
- Doing dishes after a service (pots, pans and the like)
- Post-shift organizing and inventory
- Being happy and positive when working with customers
- Driving the truck when needed
- Be able to work autonomously.
- Be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work under pressure during a busy lunch rush in fast-paced tight quarters while maintaining the highest food/ product quality
- Has 1 year or more of professional cooking experience as a short order cook or have worked on a food trucK
- Can be on their feet for 4 hours during service
- Has reliable transportation
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT FOR ALL APPLICANTS
• Have a positive hospitality attitude
• You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Pass Physical Exam/Drug Screen
• Have a Clear Background