Seeking Line Cooks!
Seattle, WA, US
Card Kingdom is a premier online retailer of Magic the Gathering products, who also operates friendly and engaging Retail & Restaurant spaces as Mox Boarding House in Seattle, Bellevue, and Portland (with more on the way!) We see tabletop gaming as a campfire - a place to gather, share and celebrate - and our spaces as the place our communities come to do just that. Our Restaurants offer excellent service, interactive experiences, and scratch-cooked menus paired with craft beers and cocktails.
We seek servers who are invested in delivering fantastic customer service in an establishment with unique menus and an excellent beverage selection. Our Cooks prepare dishes from fresh ingredients as part of a fast-paced line. Our Cooks are pivotal in providing timely service of dishes in line with our standards of service and are key in delivering on our promise to guests of a high quality experience.
• Sets up and breaks down station in accordance with proper food safety and sanitation guidelines
• Provides prompt menu preparation on the line as directed in a quality, sanitary, and timely manner.
• Restocks items needed throughout shift, observing good First In First Out food handling practices
• Participates in menu preparation, including but not limited to cutting, sauté, meat cookery, and dessert prep.
• Practices safe kitchen handling standards, for both equipment and ingredients alike.
• Assist in cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen and all food storage areas
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED.
• 1 Year (or more) of previous Prep or Line Cook Experience
• Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
• Possess a valid Food Handler's Permit for the region.
• Able to read, understand, and communicate basic cooking directions.
• Willing to work weekends, evenings and holidays in addition to covering shifts.
• Strong Problem-solving skills, with a drive to self-motivate and stay organized
• Works well with others in high-stress environments, while maintaining calm
• Values a commitment to quality service and continuing to grow their culinary knowledge
• Degree in the Culinary Arts (preferred not required)
•Previous experience on the line in a high-volume environment (preferred not required)
What we offer:
- Pay Rate $18-19/hour, DOE
- In-depth and supportive training - - we won't leave you hanging.
- Exceptional Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Matching
- Store Discounts & More!
Equal Opportunity Employment:?
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, ancestry,?national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class.