******** SIGN-ON BONUS PROGRAM ********
Earn up to $1,200 in the first 6 months, restrictions apply.
Join our team today to take advantage of this limited time BONUS program!
Bamboo Sushi is built around the idea of doing things differently and having real impact. To do this successfully, we're growing a team of passionate, energetic and enthusiastic people to champion our mission.
At Bamboo Sushi we focus on bringing our guests more than just a meal; it's an experience! Sustainability is our mission, and we are proving it. We are dedicated to bringing our guests the freshest fish, meat and produce with the greatest consciousness to marine stewardship, sustainability and the environment. We view the work we do as a lifestyle commitment, not simply a job. We want the best, brightest, and most passionate to work with us on our goal of making the world a better place.
The Executive Chef is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of people
- Manage operations and finances of business
- Recruit and train new hires on business practices
- Drive development of employees
- Ensure that quality of work or service is maintained
Competitive Salary - $60,000+
Opportunities for Advancement w/in the Company
- Three or more years of experience leading a BOH team in a high-volume and full-service scratch kitchen
- Food Handlers Card
- Interest in our mission of sustainability
- Customary and regular exercise of independent judgment and discretionary powers
- Culinary training is a plus, experience is considered more important
- Mastery of fish breakdown and knife cuts
- Meticulous standards for cleanliness, organization, quality, and consistency with the knowledge of, and the ability to comply with, Federal and State standards
- Superior communication, leadership, and motivational skills with demonstrated ability to coach and develop your team
- Ability to hold team accountable for meeting standards and following procedures with a considerate, solution oriented approach
- Ability to utilize software; POS, Gmail, Excel, employee management software, scheduling software
- Interest in professional/career development
Work is performed primarily in a fast paced full service restaurant with frequent distractions and loud noises.
The person in this position needs to occasionally or frequently;
- Maneuver about inside the restaurant/office to access food/beverage items, machinery, and other restaurant equipment
- Operate basic office equipment
- Operate basic restaurant equipment
- Ascend/descend a ladder or stairs to service the machinery, lights, ceiling fans, etc.
- Be able to exchange accurate information while communication with customers
- Be able to distinguish different tastes, i.e.; sweet and bitter flavors.
- Work in a noisy/distracting environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. It is the policy of Bamboo Sushi that qualified individuals with disabilities not be discriminated against because of their disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. It is further the policy of Bamboo Sushi to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process. Bamboo Sushi is prepared to modify or adjust the job application process or the job or work environment to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of the applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the position he or she desires, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact the HR Department by phone or in person at 9 SE 3rd Ave, Portland OR 97214.